Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

annoying vibe from behind top of dashboard

Guys

I have a really iritating vibration/resonance (when stationary) from somewhere behind the top center of the dashboard. Its more pronounced when the car is cold, and even the slightest touch in the throttle will clear it. It sounds like somthing is touching something else, so has either come loose, or possibly broken. I have tried removing lower panels but there is some much stuff behind the dash I cant get anywhere near the top part by working from below. I have also had some of the trim off under the bonnet, but it cant be heard from outside, and I cant see anything from outside either.

One thought - how does the big grill (speaker panel?) in the center of the dash come out, as with this out I may be able to see/get to where the vibe seems to be comeing from.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The front speaker in the middle of the dash, the grill comes off it. Found out that the cause was the speaker was not fully screwed down and rattling. However you be lucky to get your hand in once you take the speaker out as its so tight. I used plastic door panel opening tools so as not to damage the grill. I only found out as was going to hide the wire for the Road Angel, but so densly packed I gave up in the end.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

Cheers. So the grill does just pop out then. Mine sounds more than a “rattle”, a bit deeper type of vibe.. Will have another go.
    Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Yes it will pop out with some gentle persuasion Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

Ok. Yes it does pop out ok but can’t find anything loose under there, and as you say, you can’t actually get to anything very much via this route either.

Al

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum