Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Giotest
    Australia 

Apple Car Play

Hi All,

Ive just signed up, I’m about to take ownership of my dad 2017 HSE Disco 5 cannot wait! I have one immediate question regarding Apple Car Play, the dealer service manager has told me that our model can not be upgraded to support Apple CarPlay but everything I read on the internet says we can - I have attached an image of the software etc can some please help me clear this once and for all. Gio [img] Bow down [/img]
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

So long as you have the incar pro, you can have acp.
  • Giotest
    Australia 

Excuse my Naivety what’s incar Pro?
  • Giotest
    Australia 

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

As your car is an Australian version, I wouldn’t know. Quite often there are physical and software differences between countries. Maybe contact LR customer services, Aus and pose the question?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Does the car have a SIM slot under the armrest? In settings can you connect to a home WiFi?

You need either one of these options working to perform a download assuming that feature is supported in Australia.

One of compatriots should be along to confirm hopefully.
  • Giotest
    Australia 

Ive got WIFI connectivity which I got to connect to my home internet earlier.

Gio
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Then yes your car should be able to be updated, my MY17 was and it works very well

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Giotest
    Australia 

Hi Russell, Do you have HDMI or SIM card? Im now being informed with out them it cant happen?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes UK cars do, I have one of the first 2017 cars and am now on Version 20 and have Car Play.
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Hi mate,
    MY17 could be a bit hit and miss for CarPlay support based on what the original owner ordered for the config.

The dash screen size can impact also the USB interface in the centre console.

Check out this older post from ovalnews
    https://www.ovalnews.com/2019/03/finally-h...ports.html

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Giotest
    Australia 

I have an update.

I have successfully installed apple car ply! For those in Australia it’s relatively simple fix. I got the hardware from a wrecked sport and had Oldjaguar in Sydney update the system. He can supply as an entire kit relatively simple! If anyone wants his contact details happy to provide them, cam is legend and an absolute JLR boff!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum