Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Roli
    Switzerland 

265/50 R20

Hi there,
    Back to a Disco after eight years with Jeep.
    Have owned two early Discos and two Rand Rover Sports over the years. 2013 I have moved to Jeep and have owned two Grand Cherokees. Fine cars they are I have to admit.
    But enough is enough. Have now sold my Grand Cherokee and bought me a D5 this week. The car is a 2019 HSE with 10'000 km ( about 6000 miles).

Still own a set of winter tyres in 265/50 R20 which were on the Jeep and it would save me a few bucks if I could use them on the Disco. I know they are not of an approved size for the D5 and the odo will be slightly off, but still, can they fitted with no rubbing or other issues?

Thanks for your advise.

Roland
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Some people are fitting 275/50R20 or even 285/50R20 and they say that they fit without any problems. Thumbs Up

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

Thumbs Up
    Excellent, thank you, will keep and have them mounted comes December..
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Something tells me you’ve got to have appropriate equipment for driving in Switzerland, so although it’s not law to have winter tyres, it makes sense.

I’d let your insurance know you’ve put on different tyres from spec in case they invalidate the insurance.
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

We are not required to mount winter tyres by law, which is a bit surprising giving our overregulated country.

It's a bit different from an insurance point of view though. In case of an accident on snowy roads, insurers are entitled to cut benefits up to 50%.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

In Quebec we are required by law to have winter rated tyress from Mid Dec until Mid April. Given I have hardly gone anywhere during lock down my winters are still on! Standard size though, so no help to your question Confused

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum