Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Red5steve

Discount

Looking to renew my trusty D4.......what sort of discounts have people achieved I can get 13.5% through the Caravan club has anyone done better?
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Best I’ve seen so far is 17% through drivethedeal.
  • sdbsjb
    United Kingdom 

Discounts

17.5% yesterday on a 3 litre Landmark.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I got just over 20% 18 months or so ago on a new stock vehicle, so I wouldn’t say that was being generous.
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Re: Discounts

sdbsjb wrote:
    17.5% yesterday on a 3 litre Landmark.

Where was that? Also, a new order or a stock car?
  • sdbsjb
    United Kingdom 

Stock car, still a few around but colour choice is very limited and 2 litres in v short supply unless you like flat white
  • Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

First place I would test is Carwow, have used that to beat a local dealer down with a national Quote, and each time, they’ve matched. I ran a carwow quote on a new 3litre HSE Lux a couple of weeks ago, and the best offer was a discount of £10,700 (13.8%) - I’d use this as a starting point. A couple of other points:

1. It’s likely that VAT will be reduced in early July to stimulate the economy, I’d wait until this is announced as might save a further few %.
    2. Model Year 21 is imminent and it’s likely to include a mid life refresh, mild hybrid power trains and updates to infotainment centre seem to be the popular bets. Depends if you want to wait, you might loose some of the discount on the current car though but you’d have the refresh!

Good luck, personally am waiting until the new model is announced and then I can make a decision whether to go with a Model Year 20 or 21. I’m hoping that the new model year will see the introduction of the P400 3 litre petrol ingenium - test drove that in a Range Rover sport a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed - sounded glorious!
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

In my experience carwow can’t match drivethedeal but always good advice to go to dealer armed with online quotes.

I also believe right now isn’t the right time to buy. Mainly for the reasons already stated but also dealers are doing a roaring trade at the mo. There’s a glut of buyers catching up from 3 months of forecourts being closed.

Was at my local dealer yesterday for a test drive and he mentioned he’d sold 21 this month already. After 3 hours with the car he was happy for me to just hand the keys back. He was with a customer and had another waiting so hadn’t the time to sit down with me and push for a sale.
  • Red5steve

Sw1gs wrote:
    First place I would test is Carwow, have used that to beat a local dealer down with a national Quote, and each time, they’ve matched. I ran a carwow quote on a new 3litre HSE Lux a couple of weeks ago, and the best offer was a discount of £10,700 (13.8%) - I’d use this as a starting point. A couple of other points:

1. It’s likely that VAT will be reduced in early July to stimulate the economy, I’d wait until this is announced as might save a further few %.
    2. Model Year 21 is imminent and it’s likely to include a mid life refresh, mild hybrid power trains and updates to infotainment centre seem to be the popular bets. Depends if you want to wait, you might loose some of the discount on the current car though but you’d have the refresh!

Good luck, personally am waiting until the new model is announced and then I can make a decision whether to go with a Model Year 20 or 21. I’m hoping that the new model year will see the introduction of the P400 3 litre petrol ingenium - test drove that in a Range Rover sport a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed - sounded glorious!

Thanks for that.....sound advise I’m not really in any rush, I’ve tried Carwow but they are currently ignorant of the new FDA of £7250 I’ve emailed a couple of the dealers I’m waiting for replies.
  • Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

Re the FDA, was looking at ordering a new FFRR a couple of weeks ago, but stuck with the Disco pending the refresh. With the FDA, JLR put up 2/3s and a 1/3 comes from the dealer, so it doesn’t really matter what the FDA is on carwow, it’s included within the discount. But I agree with the earlier comments,I think it’s best to wait, however, if you still want a good discount, don’t forget the dealers in Scotland and Wales are still closed (maybe opening on 29 Jun), you might get good deals from these in the fist few days. A friend just got £14k off a new RRS P400e new, so there are deals to be had!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum