Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Buying Advice Please

I would welcome any views,
    I am in the process of PX my 18HSE for a 68HSE, SD6 a very good price and deal all round, so happy n the money front.

But here is my worry, The car is advertised with a LR Dealer as an approved vehicle with 25000 miles. its 21 months old.

I checked the VIN against the LR Service History portal and it only showed the PDI at 3 miles. And nothing else. I took this up asking where the rest of the history was. he came back to me saying he it hadn't been updated and now had.

I checked again today and it is now showing as serviced this week at 25000 miles.

My worry is what has happened to it since it left the dealer ? as it appears it has not had a full service since this week, way over the recommended 16000 / 12 months rule ? I have gone back for further information but what if there is no other history ? I'm thinking old oil, turbo bearings etc etc etc...it seems odd it hasn't been seen at dealer since September 2018 ?

am Im worrying too much ? your knowledge and views are very welcome,

Thanks

2019 HSE LUX
  • Sacimiddx
    United Kingdom 

I would want much more reassurance
    Have you seen the service print out ?

15,000 miles or 2 months - whichever comes first - thems the rules

Remember you will sell on at some point
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

12 months... not 2.

Also go carefully because i have heard of people that has this problem with Management vehicles, and then had problems with the warranty. LR refused a warranty claim because a service had not been done on time.
  • bammmy

Personally I would get one with up to date service history, two reasons, one any problems develop your covered no messing, secondly when you come to sell on makes it as competitive as the others that have full history. There are plenty of dealers out there with Disco 5โ€™s for sale, probably all with current service history , why risk it๐Ÿ‘
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Why ditch a perfectly good 2018 for a 21 month car with 25k and a dodgy service record?
  • Dohnut
    United Kingdom 

Suspect the "deal" is good due to the dodgy history.

Personally I'd walk but if you are keen ask for a written gurantee from the dealer they will buy it back when you come to sell. Better still ask for a GFV similar to PCP finance.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

You need to ensure that the services have been carried out and that there is a record of this.without it you would have to obtain written confirmation that JLR will warranty the vehicle as if the services had been carried out.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I think I'd leave that one, just seems a little iffy.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

thanks everyone

1) the reason I am changing is I am going from a 2.0 petrol to a 3.0 SD6 diesel and a higher spec, the Lux has 4 zone climate and with 4 kids the current model is baking in the 3rd row. Its a poor design and only the 4 zone has the rear condenser and fan.
    2) I have had very positive conversations with the dealer today. They have identified the missing service record (s), and updated the service portal and provided an extended Landrover Approved Warranty which takes me a futher two years.
    3) One benefit of LR service history is its online for anyone to check which provided me the knowledge to asks more questions.

Cheers

2019 HSE LUX
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

This is not the first time this has happened and others have had similar concerns, but normally the dealers can sort the issues and get the info updated in which case the sale goes through, if not updated to your satisfaction then walk away there will be plenty of other good deals about.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

One more thing Browser, my 2019 19 HSE Lux will be back with the dealer and on sale next month. 6k miles/Carpathian/Glacier and loaded with extras. If you want one with a known history, I can vouch for it and give you the lowdown.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum