Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Darling
    United Kingdom 

Sunroof rattle

Hi Guys,

I have a MY18 HSE LUX with the opening sunroof, now when its fully open it rattles, I would say it seem like the panel is bouncing on its mount, is this a Knowel fault for the D5 ? Has LR done a service bulletin on it at all ?

I’d like to get it into the dealers for its second service soon and if i can point then in the right direction it will help elevate the back and forth with ...nah can get it to rattle mate ...

Thanks
    D.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

is it a real rattle or a sort of buzzing?

Mine used to give off this horrid rattle/buzz noise when open, and I discovered that it was due to the plastic cover that hides the screws on the top frame. When LR had replaced the gaskets round the sun roof, they hadn't put the plastic cover back in the slots correctly, and this was causing it to buzz/rattle.
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

Definitely not a buzz, you can grab the back of the sunroof from the outside and it moves, its not solid on it mechanism, its like its too heavy and the weight is making it move a rattle,

I’ve also had a issue with the centre glovebox under the screen where by it would not always open.

The dealer could not replicate it after multiple attempts to open it, this was at the first service and not the supplying dealer, i said to them at the time...why would a make up a fault as all it does is waste my time and theirs...they changed it as low and behold it did not open when the girl behind the desk looked at it.

I think a lot of the issues are not fully looked at by the tech guys and they just want to do the simple service and move on to the next job, the girl in question knew i had 3 JLR vehicles at the time and went the extra mile as only the Disco is under warranty the others cars always get serviced with them so she knows I’m a valued customer.

But back to the question yes not buzz just a rattle when you go over the seams inn the road or the road has had repairs to it and is not 100% flat.

D.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I get a little rattle when going over bumps, but I think it's related to the screen deflector.

Doesn't bother me that much - I also have the Meridian sound system which usually covers all other noise. Cool
  • Ian2206
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

On the D3/D4 the roof runners crack at the joggle area, which causes the roofe to both rattle and grumble when the seals are leaving the hole in the roof. I had 3 replacement roofs under warranty and then gave up on opening the roof on the move.
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I had the same - fixed under warranty. Something to do with some broken clips in the sunroof assembly,

Andrew
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum