Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

My new bits.

Got my trail damage fixed, and spent Saturday morning installing my new Lucky 8 Proud Rhino rock sliders and front bash plate!

• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

interesting. I may be tempted

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Labbix

Me too actually, looks good, easier to lift the car when flat tyre to be changed, but wondering if the kids could use it as a kind of side step as well. Had them on my previous D5 and they used them all the time to get in and out.
    What’s your opinion on this, will it do the trick?
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Very strong, very sturdy, makes for a great side step. Six 3" bolts into the chassis on each side, I believe using the holes for the factory side steps, no drilling or welding. I stood on them and tried as hard as I could to get them to budge, rocked the hell out of the truck and they are solid. With the door open there's lots of surface available to step on, and you can also jack it up anywhere along the length of the slider.

Interestingly the right side underneath the slider holds the air compressor tank, which is tucked up underneath, but the only thing protecting it was fiberboard. Now it's got 1/4" steel plate. Each one weighs probably 85 lbs

On the left side there's the DEF lines and the main electrical bus.

The only thing that's required to modify is trimming a few parts of the lower trim that wraps under the side of the car, which you can't see unless you get underneath.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I have just fitted the new Pro Speed ones with inserts to make them usable as steps as well.
    Very very well made and strong.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Labbix

If I buy a D5 again, it’s in Gibraltar (while not present myself) so should ask them to have it fitted, but I suppose it’s up to me to arrange the sliders to get to them. So I will have a look at all options, good to see there are at least 2 Wink
    And thanks for the info!
  • Labbix

Russel,
    I only see them for D3 and D4?
    Did you contacted them directly and what did you pay for these if I may ask?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

I took my car there for them to use as the laser measure to make the drawings and specs. It has taken them a while to get them done but they are good and as far as I am concerned the best on the market. You would need to talk Ben for price.

Take a look here at a couple of pictures, can post more if people want

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread2598.html

The inserts come out if you want to go and do serious off roading

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Labbix

Ok, I Will.

As I’m curious as well how long it will take them to make it and send it over.

Thanks a lot!
  • Labbix

Did they use the provided places for the side steps or is some extra work necessary?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

No extra work needed just bolt in place, a small amount of the plastic skirt underneath needs cutting away but apart from that bolt in place.

• Labbix

Seems like the same for the official side steps then, thanks!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum