Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Roli
    Switzerland 

MY 2020 Printed Handbook

To all MY 2020 owners. Did your car come with a printed Owner's Handbook or do you all have to live with the LRi app?

Thanks,
    Roland
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

No printed handbook, just a `quick start' guide. I asked my local LR dealer and was advised that all the manuals are now on line only.
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

ridicolous Twisted Evil

What does it cost LR to have a proper handbook printed. Say it costs them 5 £ per handbook, could even be less if done in India. So they save a fiver per car, for a car which costs north of 50k.
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Hi
    You can buy one. I bought the manual and the wallet from the LR site. It took a week and was printed in North Shields. Cost £50 !

Did anyone get a warranty book or a Land Rover experience voucher ? I was told these are also no longer printed. But you get them with a new car.
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

Thanks, will have to get me one.
    Presume you've ordered the manual from LR UK's website, correct? Where can I find it?

Best,
    Roland
  • Ian2206
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Are they available in PDF so that the owner can print them if required?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yes, I downloaded the pdf and found a company online to print it.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • yankeefr78
    France 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Where did you download it ? Thanks

D3 HSE 2.7 06MY / D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 13MY
    D5 HSE 3.0 19MY Santorini Black - 20" Style 5011 - Electric sun roof - Rear privacy glass - Dark satin brushed aluminium trim finisher - Ebony headlining - Heated seats & steering wheel - Premium carpet mats - Surround camera system - Black Exterior Pack - Driver Assist Pack
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Roli wrote:
    ridicolous Twisted Evil

What does it cost LR to have a proper handbook printed. Say it costs them 5 £ per handbook, could even be less if done in India. So they save a fiver per car, for a car which costs north of 50k.

Might be a fin for the ink and paper but it's a lot more expensive to produce it - design, layout, validation/proofing, etc - now instead of emailing it to the printer, they can email it to you.

They'll also be adding augmented reality support eventually - things like how to add DEF, changing settings in deep menus, etc. Just ask it "how do I..."? and then you hold up your smartphone or tablet to view the vehicle/infotainment/whatever and it walks you through it on your vehicle.

We do this today for military maintenance trainers and what we call 'technical orders' - very effective if, for example, you're first learning to troubleshoot the hydraulics on a helicopter, and then actually doing the troubleshooting. It gives you an "x-ray" view focused on the thing you are looking for information on, and then shows you exactly what panel to open, what this nut or that valve looks like, what tool to use, and how to perform the action.

May sound unnecessary but one of the most frequent complaints that goes against initial quality is frustration with things like menus, vehicle controls, etc. The younger generations that will be LR customers in a few years don't read those paper-y things we called "books". They listen to someone read to them in Podcasts, or watch YouTube videos to learn how to do something.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Apologies Yankee - I misread this as being about the sales brochure!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Dealers still have them, I collected my HSE Lux and told the dealer to provide a handbook, they did.

2019 HSE LUX
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum