Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• SteveH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Yulong White

Jet wash woes

Hi all,
    Second post hoping for some ideas to share with my dealer next week..
    Last year I put the car through my local independent hand car wash (July and again in Nov) and had the following problem...

After the final jet wash rinse, parked up with engjne off while it was dried etc..
    Upon restarting, dash lit up like Christmas tree with AEB not available and Park brake fault...ok to drive...
    Except parking brake wouldn't release...stuck on the car wash forecourt for 30 mins...and eventually enough water evaporated so that a restart released the brake, but still dash lit up with warnings. An hour later all cleared with no fault codes stored according to LR Assist.
    Went into GS after the Nov. occurrence and they reproduced the issue and apparently replaced the parking brake actuator and all seemed ok...

Until last Saturday when the car did it again...exactly the same symptoms and locked on parking brake...
    The three big BMWs and Merc I followed through had no such issues...rather awkward that the rufty tufty Disco embarrassed itself....

Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem? Or any suggestions....?
    Thanks, Steve
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Steve
    No never had that issue in three years.
    Is it the Maidstone dealer, if so go back and see them, they are good and will resolve it for you.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • SteveH
    United Kingdom 

Yes, the Maidstone dealer.
    Unfortunately been there many times, but they've always come through with a fix. Managed to cure my random surround camera problem... which stumped the Ashford dealer...
    It's going in next week to see if they can work out why it's scared of the water...

2019 SDV6 HSE Lux...gone
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Bar the parking brake issue, that sounds very similar to the sensor issues that led me to reject my 2019 D5.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • SteveH
    United Kingdom 

Interesting... did they find out what sensors were causing the problem?
    Mine is a my 2019 HSE Lux...

The car was fine driving through the wash phases, only failing after being parked up for 10 minutes while it was wiped down and windows treated.... seems like the water is running in somewhere once stationary with the engine off and brake on, in park.... giving the water enough time to loiter... has only ever done this at this specific car wash... doing it myself with a lower power washer doesn't cause the problem, so must be getting the water further into somewhere sensitive...

My brother told me I'd be on first name terms with the service manager.... didn't believe him before I got the car... it's a great car when it works, but way too many faults and time in the workshop.. regretting parting with my Macan now...wondering if should have gone to a Cayenne for the extra space instead...

2019 SDV6 HSE Lux...gone
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum