Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RegG
    United Kingdom 

Newbie saying Hi!

Hi everyone. New to this site as I will be taking delivery of a 2020my Discovery 5 Landmark Edition in Portofino Blue on Monday next.

Previous Landies were a Discovery 200tdi, Freelander HSE i6, Freelander Td4, Discovery 4 in beautiful Ipanema Sand (but some b*****d stole this off my drive in the middle of the night) and latterly a 2017 Discovery Sport in Firenze Red.

Hoping this forum will be as friendly and as helpful as the Disco4 forum was.

2020 Discovery Landmark 3.0 SDV6, Portofino Blue
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Welcome! Not many of us on this forum from the other side of the pond but we do love to use our Discoverys as they were built to be enjoyed. Good folks on this forum so far - and now that some of the first ones are passing out of warranty, I, for one, expect to see some good discussions begin to take shape on upgrades, how-to's on DIY maintenance, and the like...
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Hi everyone, I am also new to this site. I currently have a 2016 Disco4 Landmark and I am considering changing to a D5. It won't be a new one but I would like at least a 19MY. I believe they have 306bhp 3.0 V6?. Any tips on what to look for i.e. must have options would be helpful.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Re: Newbie saying Hi!

RegG wrote:
    Hi everyone. New to this site as I will be taking delivery of a 2020my Discovery 5 Landmark Edition in Portofino Blue on Monday next.

Previous Landies were a Discovery 200tdi, Freelander HSE i6, Freelander Td4, Discovery 4 in beautiful Ipanema Sand (but some b*****d stole this off my drive in the middle of the night) and latterly a 2017 Discovery Sport in Firenze Red.

Hoping this forum will be as friendly and as helpful as the Disco4 forum was.

What engine have you gone for?
  • RegG
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    What engine have you gone for?

I've gone for the 3.0 SDV6; I wasn't sure the 2.0 Ingenium would cope with the weight of the D5 and a caravan behind!

2020 Discovery Landmark 3.0 SDV6, Portofino Blue
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Yes I do think its the best engine for towing.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Welcome and the 3.0 is fine when towing even a big TA

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

RegG wrote:
    I've gone for the 3.0 SDV6; I wasn't sure the 2.0 Ingenium would cope with the weight of the D5 and a caravan behind!

Member 'al cope' on here has a 2.0L and very happily towing a twin axle caravan with it. Compare the 177kw /430nm from the 2.0L to a 2.7L D3/D4 (140kw/440nm) when the D5 weighs less, you can see why.

I have the 3L because I like the V6 sound better. But it tows my 2T TA caravan happily.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum