Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Pathfinder CFF Editor

Hi Guys,

So, i'm fairly new to the latest JLR vehicles and Pathfinder but I have plenty of experience with Audi and their tools having added surround cameras, blind spot, park assist, electric mirrors etc to my previous Audi S5.

I'm picking up a MY2019 HSE Lux next week and really looking forward to it, not going to add much this time since it basically has everything I need, I will be adding Electric Side Steps and Activity kit, plus a few styling bits.

However, I see on here a lot that CFF prevents people adding extra non factory items, it does look like there are CFF Editors out there for Pathfinder so is there a reason people aren't looking at this or do people not add options to LJR vehicles like they do for Audi?

Cheers, Andy
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I think people tend to buy the Disco 5 model they want with any extras at the time of initial purchase.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

That only really applies to people who buy them new, there is also a volume of posts on here which I found when looking at if modules could be added which said they couldn't due to CFF and that it only applied to post 2017 vehicles like the Disco 5 so I think there are a few people who would still be interested to know about this.

Take the cubby coolbox discussion for example, I think 2 forum members have purchased them, im considering getting one and it looks like a CFF change is needed to make such a simple item work.

I certainly won't do as much as I did with the Audi, simple additions I might consider though.

Cheers, Andy
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

The car hasn’t sold in bucket loads. I doubt there is much demand for developing CCF software, certainly not enough to make the venture profitable. Certainly this site isn’t busy if that’s anything to go by.

My experience/knowledge is based on previous Disco models where installing a cooler or heated steering wheel was a plug and play option.

If getting a cooled drink was a priority, I’d simply buy a generic cooler and pop it in the boot. Maybe not so handy to get at when you are driving, but then that’s no bad thing.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

My post was to make people aware that editing CFF was now available, not really to get into a discussion about if people wanted to do it or not.

Pathfinder was introduced in 2017 by JLR to move away from the old platform which was leased from Ford, as such all new models from 2017 use the new Pathfinder software and CFF, below is an example of some, certainly this is not limited to just the Disco5:

Land Rover:
    Range Rover L405 (17MY)
    Range Rover Sport L494 (17MY)
    New Discovery L462 (17MY)
    Jaguar:
    F-TYPE X152 (18MY)
    F-PACE X761 (18MY)
    XE X760 (18MY)
    XF X260 (18MY)

Naturally 19MY and 20MY models are also now on that platform.

You may be happy to pull over and go get a cold drink from the boot of the car and may also be in a position to fully spec a brand new car to your specification but others may not,

The coolbox was an example from a post on here I have been involved in, at least 2 people have bought and tried to install the coolbox, I am going to be the third, hopefully it will work and if it does I will certainly help the others who have tried as much as possible.

Also, this is not me developing this software, others have done it and I am just letting people on here know its available. I know of at least 3 different CFF Editors out there now so I think there was enough demand from people and garages.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Not worth arguing over tbh, so I’ll accept your right and jog on. Thumbs Up
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Totally agree,
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I don't think a CCF editor is the problem. Getting the CCF from the car and putting it back is more likely the hard part.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Hi Ron,

Yes, thats what these applications do, they basically edit the temp CFF created by Pathfinder and then you put that back with Pathfinder thinking its the master.

Only going by what I have read, I don't have the application yet but I do have pathfinder.

Cheers, Andy
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

Hi Andy,

I bought a second hand 68 plate Lux, which is a MY19, thinking that surround cameras were standard on that model. I was gutted to find LR had stoped fitting them as standard in MY19 so I would be very interested when someone cracks this issue.

Basically I have got the perfect car for me apart from one missing option so would be prepared to look at getting the cameras fitted.......

Peter
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

The wading sensors would be something I’d be interested in and potentially the deployable tow bar.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

The deployable towbar can be added as an accessory and added via pathfinder without modifying the CFF I believe, wading sensors would be different though and need the CFF updating.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I would have also like the wading sensors, but as you say... how to activate them.

I would also like to "upgrade" to the dual-view front screen.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

I'm actually tempted by the dual view too, depending on if one happens to be available at the right price.

Using a CFF Editor with pathfinder should allow activation.
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

Dual View front Screen, is that when the front passenger can watch Media but the driver can’t, the driver sees the normal screen whilst driving then when the car stops the driver can then see the media ?

D.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum