Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• alymac
    Scotland 

What is your must have option ??

Good evening everyone, I'm curious what the general view is of what your must have option was on your car ?

I appreciate that its personal to the indiviual but wondered if there was a stand out ..... for me when we were recently building ours to order there were two, the interactive driver display & a sliding sunroof, these could be absolutely useless to someone else but these were my two Laughing Laughing SWMBO insisted on the dark headlining and a couple more things... Mr. Green

Take care Thumbs Up
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Heated steering wheel
    Ugly kid glass
    Whistle
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

If i was buying my lux again I’d have the adaptive suspension on the top of the list.

360 cameras are good to have, opening sunroof anther plus,, dynamic and black pack for appearance etc.

I don’t need a tow bar really but another option I’d have if i was to buy again.

They bolt of side steps and mud flaps to fussed on them when burying as they are easily bought one you own the car.

D.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

fill size spare, and a tow bar

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Adaptive suspension no.1.

Driver assist pack next (360 etc) and tech pack next (HUD)

I ended up ordering a second Lux and added exactly the same options as the first time around, which shows I valued them all.

If i didn’t have a Lux then Meridian surround would be no.1.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Re: What is your must have option ??

alymac wrote:
    Good evening everyone, I'm curious what the general view is of what your must have option was on your car ?

I appreciate that its personal to the indiviual but wondered if there was a stand out ..... for me when we were recently building ours to order there were two, the interactive driver display & a sliding sunroof, these could be absolutely useless to someone else but these were my two Laughing Laughing SWMBO insisted on the dark headlining and a couple more things... Mr. Green

Take care Thumbs Up

Aside from the big diesel, I'd say Capability Plus Pack, but only if they decide to offer it in 5-seat configurations. Online configurator only lets you select that if you choose the 7-seater.

When I bought mine, the Capability Pack and thumper sound system were essentials.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Tow bar and roof rails are top of my list, followed by e-diff. Go anywhere, tow and carry anything.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

HUD, 360 Cameras, dual view TV, digital dash.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

my must have was deployable tow bar, but the car I bought had almost every extra fitted so I'm just spoilt and finding new things as time goes on, Some stuff I doubt I will use regularly.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I will add 360 degree cameras in future.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Deffo side steps if you have young kids
    Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

On my 2019 HSE Lux 3.0, was happy I spec'd:

+ Diesel V6, 306 BHP engine is as smooth and fast (even given the extra weight) as the XF Sportbrake 3.0 it replaced
    + Adaptive Dynamics (vehicle is a lot more poised without harshness)
    + 360 cameras (necessary for avoiding scraping things due to vehicle size)
    + Adaptive Cruise Control with Steer Assist (which is awesome, pretty much drives itself on a motorway)
    + Dynamic Black Pack (for looks)
    + Downgrade to 20" wheels, but in black
    + Privacy Glass
    + 7 seats (only occasionally used but v.useful - pain in the ass moving child seats around, but that isn't LRs fault)
    + Separately (not through the dealer), I had a protection detail and the front + mirrors clear wrapped

After doing my experience day, I wish I spec'd:

+ HUD (so much more intuitive than I thought it would be, plus I leave my digital dash on map mode so I miss a lot of stuff which I got through the HUD)

Things I spec'd but of questionable value:

- RSE was designed and implemented poorly. Although since I mod'd an Apple TV to run of USB power this has transformed the experience (although the RSE system is still flakey). I still question if mounting a couple of iPads would have been a better choice. Although would probably still go with RSE again for ease of control from the front
    - Centre console fridge. It's fun, occasionally useful, but I wouldn't miss it. Given it's limited capacity it only useful for keeping 3-4 bottles cold

Heated Steering wheel and sunroof are nice, but not essential. Was standard spec on mine.

If I ever see an offer on the electric side steps I will probably get them fitted.

I had dark headlining and ivory leather in the XF Sportbrake. Really liked it. I have ivory headlining and ivory leather in the Disco, works well with the pano roof glass IMHO. I liked the dark headliner in the XF as I liked the contrast, but I don't really miss it that much if I'm honest - the dark brown carpets and other trim already provide a nice contrast.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Very similar spec to my two, except I had HUD.

Funnily enough, I have the black roof liner, but spent a few weeks over winter in loaners with a light roof liner. I always have the pano blinds open and I actually found the light roof slightly distracting under certain street lights at certain angles.

All peripheral vision, of course, and probably just me - but it did make me glad I had the black headliner.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Sacimiddx
    United Kingdom 

Adaptive cruise with queue assist

Truly remarkable
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum