Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RegG
    United Kingdom 

Leaking door seal?......

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.....

The car stands outside on the drive so gets all the rain etc! We had a real downpour on Friday which left the car very dirty with the dust that had built up on the car so I gave it a good wash on Saturday. As always, I dried around the door sills etc. Yesterday, I opened the nearside rear door to find what appears to be water/condensation on the door sill. On further examination I found water inside the door seal which, when squeezed, the water squirted out!!

I'm speaking to the dealer today (only picked the car up last Monday) but just wondered if this was a known problem. It is not doing it on any of the other doors. The car is 9 months old.

Thanks in anticipation.......

2020 Discovery Landmark 3.0 SDV6, Portofino Blue
  • RegG
    United Kingdom 

Update on the leaking door seal..... The car has been with the dealer all week (for a few other minor issues as well) and they have replaced the seals on the nearside rear door due to leakages. Will be picking it up later today so will see exactly what they've done.

At least I wasn't imagining it!

2020 Discovery Landmark 3.0 SDV6, Portofino Blue
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum