Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Darling
    United Kingdom 

Options

Hi All,

Question for you, how can i find out what options may have been fitted to the car by the original purchasers.

I guess I could speak with JLR but there must be another way.

Thanks in advance.

D
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I don’t do options, I used to be obsessive about adding to a car, but they are a complete waste of money IMHO. Just buy the car you want with the things you want already on it. Only exception maybe mats.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

If you have the VIN, you can register on topix (a JLR system) and check there.

Agree that it’s fairly hopeless to find out through the AUC site as dealers are pretty hit and miss in how they describe cars - or the system doesn’t really allow them to do it properly. I didn’t even recognise the spec of my own old car on there!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Darras, I think that the OP would like to know what others have specced new.

For myself, my view is opposite to yours when buying new. I’d rather take the small delta cost of an option than spend x number of years regretting the missing thing and spoiling the experience of a very expensive purchase.

There are some options on my HSE L that I would really miss even if I had the already extremely generous standard spec. (Conversely, there are probably standard items that I care little for).

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

Correct - i want to find out what extra was specced for when i wish to sell so I’m full aware, of what extra was speeded on my HSE lux.

I’ll try Topix and see what can find.

Thanks for the Tip.

D
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

No problem, just sounded like someone buys a car and wants to put extras on it. Suppose you could read it either way.

As regards extras ordered with the car from new, I’ve had cars with extras that I believed I couldn’t live without, but soon got used to not having it on subsequent cars. Talking about 360 cameras, HUD, massage seats etc.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum