Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Slider pics, lucky8’s

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

How hard were these to install?
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Fairly easy. Some removing of the fiberboard underbody sound insulation (didn't change anything to my ears...but I have the 850W Meridian sound system), some easy removal and cutting and replacement of the black plastic skirt trim behind the doors (circular saw), Instructions said you had to snap off studs underneath that were for the fiberboard but I didn't have to.

You will need a good floor jack as they weigh close to 100 lbs each. They bolt right into existing threaded mounting points for the deployable side steps. 6 bolts each side - one on each side is longer than the others, pay attention to that. Instructions sent didn't specify that up front.

Don't tighten them all the way as you work down the line - get them started and then work your way back and forth tightening them a little each time so they align. Production isn't perfect so some of the mounting holes were a little off on mine, hence the need to tighten in turn. I think @Rockcypher said in another post he had to drill one hole in the sliders out a little more to get one bolt to go.

I used a little heavy duty threadlock on those bolts. several off-road excursions and some good hits, hot/cold cycles, and they're still rock solid.

I got some black outdoor 2" wide grit tape at Home Depot and put it on top as they're slippery when wet or in the wrong shoes.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum