Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• APCo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Wash and Polish

Very luck to have had a First Edition delivered with no drama and barely a wait.

Now had a posh and wash and polish and the colour is popping.

This is a beautiful car, hugely capable off and on road, hugely comfortable, pretty much perfect. I have run the Landrover gauntlet before so feel absolutely blessed that this fell into our laps with nary a hitch.

For all those waiting and disappointed, it is worth it, the best vehicle they have ever made........
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Stunning after the Wash n Wax/ Polish mate. Thumbs Up

Can I ask what specific products you have used??
    I have always sworn on Turtle wax 🐢 Dodo Juice and Merlins blood too get rid of the brake dust. It turns red on contact with the iron oxide.

I am still waiting for my First Edition in Farallon Black. Deposit payed well over a year ago and looks like May delivery if am lucky. Was deffo promised March 1st.

Cars been finished since mid Feb, that's virtually 6 weeks ago and still in the compound Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 27th Mar 2017 10:41 pm. Edited 3 times in total
  • J77
    Scotland 

My one will be needing a wash soon, all this dry weathers just making the car park at work like a desert, Dust everywhere.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Am thinking of getting a professional glaze put on it if it ever arrives. Local detailers already done a First Edition in orange. Looks absolutely stunning. I am a big fan of the WET look on black tyres and bodywork. Plus blacks a nightmare top keep clean, worse than white. 7 year guarantee on the crystal serum black treatment if my memory serves me correctly. I will post up video if i can find it Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Dog
    J77 wrote:
    My one will be needing a wash soon, all this dry weathers just making the car park at work like a desert, Dust everywhere.

Well it is meant too be driven in the desert mate, just leave as is, albeit with an official offroad look
    Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter

On a serious note though I have never had an orange car so I dont know how hard it is too keep clean. My workmate a few years back had an Asbo Orange ford focus ST which he washed weekly plus the RR Sport in the shocking orange/ bright tangerine look must be a labour of love as well me thinks Whistle At least your colours not as bright, so should be easier too maintain Thumbs Up

As promised here is the link. 😀

👍

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 28th Mar 2017 11:11 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • J77
    Scotland 

I used gyeon cure on the D4, lasts about 3 months and the water beading is amazing. So it should bring out the best in the Orange but it won't be getting washed just yet.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Is that easy too apply?? Never heard of it. I have heard of Poor Boys Polish but that does have a cutting agent in it which am hesitatant too use. I am going up to Elgin on Saturday as these guys also did my Subaru (pearlescent white) with amazing results. I was well happy with the results.
    Will keep you posted plus the 7 years guarantee does sound appealing. Not too mention that black is a nightmare too keep clean. Also enquiring about Wet look black waxes and polishes which make it look like cars straight out of the factory. Stunning mirror like results
    Polished Bliss in Inverurie are a decent bunch too and very helpful. I will nip in past and see what they recommend Thumbs Up
  • APCo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Stunning after the Wash n Wax/ Polish mate. Thumbs Up

Can I ask what specific products you have used??
    I have always sworn on Turtle wax 🐢 Dodo Juice and Merlins blood too get rid of the brake dust. It turns red on contact with the iron oxide.

I am still waiting for my First Edition in Farallon Black. Deposit payed well over a year ago and looks like May delivery if am lucky. Was deffo promised March 1st.

Cars been finished since mid Feb, that's virtually 6 weeks ago and still in the compound Rolling Eyes

Hiya.
    I had a local guy - Glynn O'Donnel of Elite Detailers do it for me. Car was completely unprepared by the dealer at my request, used for a long weekend (including a bit of off road fun) then left with Glynn for the day. The work he did was a full prep, anti fallout then polish etc. I have had this done previously and it really makes a difference, so much easier to clean myself as well. I did consider a full ceramic treatment but the polish is better looking, in my view and can be done several times for the same cost. I was recommended to look at the self healing wraps you can now get and that give much more protection for a little over the cost of GTECH or the equivalent. The only product I saw was by a company called Auto Finesse.

I am sorry about the delays you are experiencing, mine came within 2 weeks so I can only assume some delays are due to actual spec. I am not sure why it would be stuck in the compound, seems very odd and incredibly annoying.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hi thanks for the update. Car looks amazing.😀 I am off too see the guy in the video I put up, on Saturday, as they have done my last car and do a stellar job. Like you say it makes washing the car yourself alot easier plus the bird droppings, tree sap, tar spots etc will be sitting on the glaze so won't damage the paintwork. Anyhow I will look at the polish, and see how it compares, but 7 year warranty looks good with yearly inspection. Yes it's a pity LR never offered the self sealing paint as I would have ticked the option box no problem.
    Well the spec is same as yours it's a First Edition. Maybe they messed up interior as I opted for the Nimbus White and they probably put a black interior instead. Surely not take 6 weeks too replace an interior?? Latest I have heard is the the bodyshells are flexing too much due too the newer monocoque chassis instead of the older ladder frame chassis?? Also heard shortage of car transporters and lack of deployable tow bars which I was told meant cars on the production line are halted until the tow bars are fitted. So until this issue is addressed everyone else's cars are on standby.
    😞 Annoying is not the word Censored Censored Censored Censored
    Can I ask if you had paid your deposit beforehand or did you just walk into the showroom and manage too get a cancelled order??
  • J77
    Scotland 

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks for that. Am heading up on Saturday too see the different options and they are giving me a demo of what's on offer. I think as the cars black it's worth going for the glaze as I dont have the time too wash it every week due too work commitments and my wife reckons I spend enough time cleaning the cars in the first place. Also give the D5 it's first blast on the A96. See how it handles compared too the D4 on all the twisty roads. Mind you was excellent on the dueller all the way back from Glasgow until disaster struck Shocked
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum