Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• karansav

2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

2.0 sd4i Engine Seized

About 10 years ago i had the Disco 3 with endless problems- it ended up in the garage for 2 years. i eventually sold the car and swore never to touch a Land Rover again. After about 8 years I stupidly decided to get a 2017 SE 2.0. I live in Malawi so had it shipped here. On the way from the port it appears that there was a massive oil leakage and the engine seized! Of course it was a few months out of warranty and of course LR could not give a care since the warranty had just expired.

I now need to ship out a replacement engine and I am looking for any reliable supplier of second hand or refurbished engines. Any help would be much appreciated. We dont have a dealer here so have to do this by myself really.
  • Labbix

This is the guy responsible for LR parts in Tanzania, the official dealership in Dar es Salaam, maybe he can help, but doubt if they do second hand/refurbished...

+255 757 253 249 (Allan Oberon)
    He’s on WhatsApp
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

karansav

What caused the massive oil leak was there no warning lights to warn you the oil was low.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • karansav

2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

Unfortunately i was not driving- it looks like some oil feed pipe got corroded or damage in transit. We are still investigating the cause of the leak.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum