Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Just Ordered

New build ordered at the weekend , we are having a 2.0 Diesel SE Eiger Grey/Privacy/Heated SW/Interactive Driver Display.
    Poss getting the wheels painted Black on arrival at the dealers (quoted £500) , looking for side steps to fit (any suggestions ?)

Prob be end of Oct dealer says , anyone know if that will still be Model 20 year ?

Moving up from a DS after a couple of years in D4 and missing the space .

Thanks
  • alymac
    Scotland 

Eiger is a lovely colour 👌, bet you are looking forward to its arrival, look forward to seeing some picture once it’s arrived with you 👍
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Been researching side steps and have found 2 who can supply & fit , Direct 4 x4 Derby and Side Steps Uk Midlands .
    Anyone had either of these products fitted and can give feedback ?

Many Thanks
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

mine were fitted by Sidesteps UK. Was all very easy, dropped in one Saturday morning and they fitted them FOC outside their workshop, just lifted car to off-road height. Took about 40 minutes and didn't need any of the under car covers to be cut.

I have the chunky ones not the ones that look like JLR originals, They have been on 21 months now still look good and are unmarked from kids and mother-in-law's heels.

Mine are 100% black, there was a choice of all black or with a silver insert. My car has the black pack hence I went 100% black.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply , would you say the steps stick far enough out to offer some protection from car doors/knocks etc .
    When we had a D4 the side steps and left in off road setting offered some protection whilst in car parks , the D4 Steps look wider than the ones available for the D5 , but looking at pics its hard to tell.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I need to get the sidesteps.co.uk steps, already one nasty chip on the widest part of the door. Mordred, do you have a pic of your chunky ones ? Apologies for not doing a forum search.

OP, Eiger is a lovely colour. I had a lot of buyer’s remorse after ordering it to replace Carpathian, but there is not a single lighting condition under which I don’t prefer Eiger. (Not knocking Carpathian, it’s a beautiful colour)

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Just had an update from Dealer , production of 2020MY stopped and all builds will be now 2021MY , so have to have a rethink on engine/spec/colour and resubmit order .
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Just done the reorder for 2021 build , S Model 3.0 D250 basically same spec/colour as SE 2020 ordered in Sept , its come out about £4500 cheaper .
    Don't know where I am with the finance deal I struck in Sept though , suppose it will be new year del .
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

did you also opt for the high/low range box, as when I was going through the configurator (D300 R-Dynamic HSE) it was an option, so looks like as standard the new models dont have high/low range which previous (current) do.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Al,
    Yes I have included that option , comes out about £4500 less than the previous ordered SE model .

Regards

Julian
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Dont forget the £760 cost of a full size spare now, whereas it was £0 if you took std wheels or £100 / 200 if you took non standard wheels.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Low range box being an option just doesn't seem right for a Discovery...

A D300 HSE with towbar and offroad pack is over 70K. Getting very pricy.
  • eelpout
    United States 

33Lurcher wrote:
    Just done the reorder for 2021 build , S Model 3.0 D250 basically same spec/colour as SE 2020 ordered in Sept , its come out about £4500 cheaper .
    Don't know where I am with the finance deal I struck in Sept though , suppose it will be new year del .

I was just told by my dealer (in the U.S.) that they will start taking order for MY21. But I have yet to see an option sheet with any changes for '21. Has anyone seen one?

Edit: hmm missed this from yesterday: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3458633...-revealed/

Looks like here we have no diesel option now. Bother.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum