Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Service due alert

Just had the alert to say a service is due on my D5.

Two questions....
    Is this alert, time based. ie x months from last reset or sensing a ‘need’ for the service which is actually only due in January?

Although service dates are based on the greater of elapsed time or mileage covered, given this vehicle has hardly moved in the last 11 months (<1000miles) does it need/have to have a full service to maintain its performance or just its service record? It is out of LR warranty now. Seems a waste chucking x litres of good oil down the drain, not to mention almost pristine filters etc.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

There are two criteria, miles and time. If you have the Td6 engine it is also based on a calculation of the number and frequency of DPF regeneration cycles, which results in an estimate of how much fuel in oil there is. In my experience with the Td6 engine and the estimate of FIO based on lab testing of the oil, the estimate is way off - there is very little to no FIO dilution occurring. I now change mine every 10,000 miles regardless of the service indicator.

You should be good waiting until your scheduled service in January.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum