Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Landroverfan1
    United Kingdom 

Auto Park

Hi. I’ve put this into the Faults section but it may need to be elsewhere.

So my Discovery (MY19) has the auto park and park exit function. However I’m not sure it actually works. For example: today at Tesco I selected the park exit and as instructed indicated right to show the direction I needed to go in. I selected reverse and, going slowly, the car reversed out the parking space in a straight line. It said Stop. So I did. Then select Forward. Again I did and it drove straight back into the space I’d just come out of. It wasn’t a tight space and there was a car parked either side of me with a car park space in between.

I’d be very grateful if anyone else has any advice as to what may have gone wrong?

Many thanks.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

From memory that function only works on parallel park not bay park

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • joness7
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Russell is right, it's for parallel parking manoeuvres, hence the need to indicate so it knows if the road (on exit) or space (on entry) is on your left or right.

I've used it a couple of times, but its sensitive to the wrong thing being done. Was good to get out of a space where I only had about 6 inches clearance either end though, about 30 back and forths.....

2019 D5 SdV6 SE Anniversary black/black
  • Landroverfan1
    United Kingdom 

Ah that’s explains it! Was clearly me being stupid and using it wrong. Thank you both very much for letting me know.
  • Landroverfan1
    United Kingdom 

joness7 wrote:
    Was good to get out of a space where I only had about 6 inches clearance either end though, about 30 back and forths.....

Trying to get out of a parking space in my Defender 90 takes at least double that!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

not sure about exiting a parking space as I haven't tried it, but for entering it definitely works for both parallel and perpendicular parking. Although it usually needs a couple of rev/fwd goes.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum