Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Spec

Seriously thinking about ordering a new MY21 HSE D300. Is the head up display worth having?
    Also interested to know folks views on the intelligent seat fold, I would like to know what the service intervals are for the new D300, having searched the internet with no answers.

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Wife car got HUD. It’s okay as a novelty, but not something I would want personally. I still look at the dials rather then the HUD.

As for intelligent fold. Unless you regularly want the seats down, forget it.
  • NRich
    United Kingdom 

I have HUD its very good I very rarely look at the dials.
  • TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

I have intelligent seat fold on mine, wouldn't pay for it on it's own personally.

With my HSE Lux if I was building a vehicle spec from scratch I wouldn't have the seat fold or the rear seat entertainment.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Personally, I’ve not bothered with either.

HUD - a nice novelty at the start but having had it on another car it ends up being a bit of a distraction. I do looong journeys too, so I’m the kind of driver it’s aimed at. Expensive for what it is/does.

Intelligent seat fold - my understanding is this simply allows you to fold up/down seats using the Pivi Pro interface. Having thought about it, I couldn’t think of a reason where I’d need to fold seats up/down whilst sat in the drivers seat. I have four kids and all folding is done before we set off. Seems a bit of a gimmick and also an expensive gimmick.

Horses for courses though and I’m sure others may disagree.

Smile
  • DMC
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Totally agree with the seat fold but HUD is, in my opinion, a brilliant bit of kit. I have a HSE Lux 2.0 and when it was in at a dealer recently I had a courtesy car and I kept looking for the HUD. Didn't realise just how much I had been using it. Also agree with one of the earlier comments on the RSE - a bit pointless.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Interesting to hear all the comments. The must have extras for me are tow bar, heated steering wheel, cooler box and privacy glass. So just considering the other options.

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Don’t forget the heated windscreen washer jets! Utterly scandalous that something so basic is a paid option on a £70k car equipped as standard with adaptive cruise, blind spot, air cooled seats etc, but yup, you have to tick the £110 box for them.
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I don't have the HUD, but being able to configure the "dials" screen in front of the driver is a good halfway house IMO. I have it set as the full-screen navigation map..

The option I was most unexpectedly impressed by was the automatic headlights, but these are standard now anyway. For looks, the side steps are good, but I got LR look-alike after market ones for about 1/4 of the LR price.

The hot weather earlier this year made me think I should have got the solar-attenuating screen but I'm not sure if it is effective or not. Does anyone have a view on that?

Andrew
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Wouldn’t be without the HUD personally. I really miss it when driving cars that lack it. And I believe it’s enhanced further in the new model.

App seat folding, I would not pay extra for.

Does the new HSE have the 825w Meridian Surround as standard? That’s a key one for me.

I’m a bit baffled by heated washer jets becoming an option. I think it might have been 2006 when I last bought a car that didn’t have them as standard.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Yup the ‘surround sound’ is standard on the HSE, but they’ve dropped the max power output down to 700w.

This was/is an absolute must for me, so I’m a bit disappointed the power output has dropped. I would have paid extra for more.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I have intelligent seat fold, but never used it. I guess if you have anything on them its going to cause problems, HUD, I use it all the time, [/quote]

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That is bad news on the Meridian Surround. Very happy with the 825w system on mine and it was a big step above the X5/X7 300/400w systems. Definitely a key differentiator for me when choosing a car.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum