Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• aeg102
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Beeping when UNLOCKING

My Disco 5 commercial (2019) has a strange problem - the beeps that you get when you try to lock it with a door open have started happening (twice) every time you UNLOCK it with the fob. It has been doing this about two weeks. I have changed the batteries in the fob with no change. I have googled this and can't find anything relevant. I seem to remember it did this some time ago and stopped by itself....but can't remember what I did.

Interestingly it went in to the dealer on Wednesday for a service, mentioned it to them (along with a couple of low coolant warnings I had had, and a smell of coolant when hot - in response to which the 'technician' wrote on the sheet - screen wash too strong, customer should try diluting it....that wasn't the correct response). They changed the battery in the remote (and charged me £5 for it - even though I told them I had already done that). Apparently they don't know what the problem is, and need it in for two days to 'diagnose and replace parts'.

Surely someone at LR has coded the system to emit these beeps, and there MUST be a service manual that dealers have access to which tells them what these beep codes mean? It is basically beep beep....pause....beep beep. Every time you unlock it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Yes, it is mentioned in the manual here

Quote:
    If an audible warning sounds when the vehicle is unlocked, there may be a fault with the alarm sensors. Consult a retailer/authorised repairer as soon as possible.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum