Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

SOS System - limited functionality

Hi guys

I had a sudden battery failure a couple of months ago, resulting in the car completely dying (couldn't even unlock it - had to do so manually) and this happened with no prior warning. I managed to get a new battery fitted, and everything runs fine, but have been left with the above warning that comes on every time I turn the car on. Land Rover want to charge me £216 to run a diagnostics test (car is out of warranty) just to see what is wrong, and then charge on top to fix ther problem. Yet, I read on the interweb that the likely issue is a failed back up battery for the telemetry / incontrol system. The problem I have is finding out where this back up battery is (there may even be two of them). Does anybody have any info on this - cannot find details of it anywhere.
    Thanks

Phil

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Sorry, no, but it’s usual for them to want money for a diagnostics and then for a fix for a vehicle out of warranty. I recall it happening to me a few years back. Personally, I’d try a good LR Independent.
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Are you sure it's not a loose earth connection? (Quite a few posts on here about it). I had some weird errors before mine failed...

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

Thanks- pretty sure it isn't that - I was with the guy that installed the new battery (itself over £200 of battery) and I had haeard of the earth issue and checked the earth connection in the battery compartment which was tight as a drum.

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I just got a letter from JLR advising of a safety related recall (N400) advising about the Ground Stud issue. I have not had any issues so far, but as my car is scheduled for it's first annual service at the end of March, I contacted the service centre to ask if they could do the fix at the same time. I was advised that unfortunately JLR have not made the tools / kit available to do this yet, but are expected sometime in April and they will contact me when the bits and pieces are available. Seems like JLR's left hand and right hand are not quite in sync !!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

B McP which year is your D5 ?

Mine is 2017, nothing on TOPIX for mine, so assuming its later ones with the earth issue?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I believe it relates to Nitra built cars so will be 19 & 20my cars.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

mordred1973 - My D5 HSE Lux is March 2020 - according to the letter it is the 2019 - 2021 and Nitra built units which are impacted.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum