Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Just ordered a r dynamic hse

Hi all

I currently have a 2018 D5 HSE and just ordered a 2021 D5 R dynamic HSE. This will be my 4th Landrover in a row, so I suppose I am a fan....

Hopefully pick the new car up at the end of March, the full spec is

R Dynamic HSE D 300
    Either Grey
    Electrical deployable tow bar pack ( with terrain response 2, All terrain progress control, low range, advanced tow assist)
    Privacy glass
    Black roof rails.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Welcome, have they given you that estimated delivery date?

I only ask because I ordered mine on the 12th December. Build date now is 26th Feb. Delivery date 19th March. Those 2x dates were two weeks later up until a few weeks ago when they were brought forward. My spec lock date was the 27th of Jan..

My dealer has also told me other orders placed after mine have had some slipped due to the semi-conductor shortage.

I don't wish to put a dampener on things, but be prepared for some major delays and get some actual dates from your dealer's system. Smile

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Jayd5
    United Kingdom 

The dealer has given me a date of the end of March, it is a car that they already had ordered and the spec cut off date was at the end of the week I ordered it.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Ah gotcha, makes sense. Thumbs Up

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 

Well the good news is my car is built, as for when it will be with the dealer, that appears to be a more difficult question to answer.
    The dealer said it would be with them last Friday and arranged for me to pick up on Wednesday 31st. But have now called to say it has not arrived, and it should now be with them by the 2nd.

All this would be ok, but exactly the same thing happened 3 years ago when I was waiting to pick up my current D5, that one was 2 weeks later than they first expected it.

Has anyone else had this type of issue? And how can they not know where the car is???

2021 D5 Dynamic HSE on order to replace my ‘ageing’ 2018 D5 HSE
  • chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

Happened to me in Oct 2019 when waiting for mine to turn up. Fortunately they had given me a Velar while I was waiting but it was at least two weeks late and they didn't have a clue where it was between the factory and dealer.

Currently waiting for a MY21 HSE Dynamic to show up and I've been consistently told it will turn up at the dealer on the 16 April........

I'll not be holding my breath.

Eiger Grey D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Jayd5 wrote:
    Has anyone else had this type of issue? And how can they not know where the car is???

Yup, mine slipped and floated around for several days. The trouble I found was nobody knew anything between the stages. So when a stage change happened it was a complete surprise to the dealer.

For example on the 16th of April I posted on here saying it wasn't even on the ship yet, 2 days later I had a call to say it had landed in the country. Then the dealer had no idea when it would arrive at the dealer from the boat....

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/post31418.html#31418

Neutral

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 

Well at least this shows it’s a normal Landrover thing. But you would think they would have a way of tracking where the cars are. I can do that with a 1 pound roll of tape ordered from Amazon.

• chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

It's nuts.

I ordered a pair of sunglasses a couple of years ago. I didn't know where they we're coming from but after I ordered them I was able to track them from California, via Atlanta, Charlies De Gaulle and into Stanstead and then all the way to the West Country.

But LR don't know where a Disco is after it leaves the factory !!

Actually I bet they do but can't be Censored to pass that info on to the dealers.

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

would be the JLR normal mentality, why provide a decent service useful to the dealer and appreciated by the customer when we can just ignore you all....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter welcome to the world of JLR. I hear they have appointed Katie Hopkins as head of Customer Relations, so things should get better. I mean when they appointed Victoria Beckham as a designer of the
    Evoque, who could doubt she didn’t make a positive contribution to the car?

PS - I personally think we need professional help for keep going back to the brand. There’s something seriously masochistic about people that buy LRs. Whistle
  • chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

Eternal optimists ....

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 

Been a busy day today, but the short reason is I now have my new D5. It arrived at the dealer first thing this morning and I picked it up at 6 this even.
    First impressions is just wow, the cabin in a step up from my 2018 D5 HSE, premium feeling materials, including the centre console, not sure if the HSE if different. As some of the reviews say it feels like hard.
    The engine is so quiet and smooth, and the privi pro is light years ahead of the previous infotainment system.

Like everyone have to wait for the sweeping indicators.

• chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

Looking forward to it now that looks good. Almost the same spec as mine - due mid Apr.

What's the issue with the sweeping indicators?

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 

The indicators aren’t activated yet, no idea why, but to be honest it doesn’t bother me at all. You will not be disappointed the car is fabulous.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum