Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dankersalmon6
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Changing Stock Tyres for Off Road Tyres

Morning everyone, looking for a little guidance please. I am running stock 20" wheels with 255 / 50 R20 tyres.

I am doing much more work off road these days and looking to change these tyres for Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac ones.

The question is if these are a straigh forward swap or do I need any additional consideration for rubbing etc. Thanks for the feedback when it comes.
  • johnlad
    United Kingdom 

I have 255/70/18 on my D5, using compomotive alloys fitted with Duratracs, they stand 32” tall and there’s no rubbing and the spare fits underneath fully inflated, which is a bonus.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The standard D5 size is 255/55R20. AT tyres this size will be a direct swap with no problems. You can go bigger if you want to.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Re: Changing Stock Tyres for Off Road Tyres

Dankersalmon6 wrote:
    Morning everyone, looking for a little guidance please. I am running stock 20" wheels with 255 / 50 R20 tyres.

I am doing much more work off road these days and looking to change these tyres for Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac ones.

The question is if these are a straigh forward swap or do I need any additional consideration for rubbing etc. Thanks for the feedback when it comes.

You can run 255/60-20 tires with no problem - that's the stock Defender size, gives you a little more sidewall. I run the Defender spec 255/60-20 Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar in summer, and have run 275/55-20 with no rubbing at any height in both winter and summer since I got mine.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum