Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

Is the romance dead?

I went to pick up my new Disco HSE R Dynamic today and I have to say the experience didn't move me in the slightest.

Normally I'd be excited and, as the anticipation built, I'd be thinking of little else as the day for collection approached.

Even driving it home didn't really stir much enthusiasm.

I wonder whether this is the end of the 30 odd year love affair with LR?

Eiger Grey D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Might just be because of the whole covid situation. I get far more excited by the places I go and things I can do in my vehicles rather than the vehicles themselves. Maybe you just need to take it on a road trip somewhere.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I’ve never been one of these “so many sleeps until” brigade. It’s pathetic tbh, it’s just a lump of metal. I can think of many more things to be excited over and picking up a new LR isn’t one of them. If anything, you sound sensible and grounded. Thumbs Up
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

It is something I experiences also. Bought a 25t F-Pace new in december 2019, privately,

No connection at all.

Wasn't for me after all, traded it in on a SD4 HSE 2018 D5 without looking back.

As proud and thrilled as I was when I got my -used- D3 in 2010, or the (second car) FL2 in

2017 for about a year, I'm not feeling much for the D5 either ! I am less htrilled driving my F-Type too.

The whole covid thing, the lockdowns, not travelling, having a groundhog day experience the last 18

months , seems to have made me almost a zombie...

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum