Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Huttopia
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Montalcino Red

Intro

Hi,

First post here. I’ve had Defenders and a Disco 3 and 4 and next week pick up a D5. It’s a 2017 with less than 20k miles, serviced on the button by the supplying dealership and will be replacing an Audi A4 estate- kids are now too tall for it.

So I’m excited / nervous in equal measure. I loved the D3 and D4 when they were going but they weren’t short of problems, especially the D4 and its love of limp mode!

Anyhoo, the D5 is a Montalacino Red TD6 HSE.

Fingers crossed.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

welcome...and nice to see a rare red D5....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

welcome too, I agree, the red suits the D5 perfectly. If you've experienced D3 and D4, the D5 will be all you expect and more, so long as its had all its updates, there shouldn't be any issues.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Huttopia
    United Kingdom 

Indeed. 🤞
  • Huttopia
    United Kingdom 

The windscreen leak was fixed under warranty in 2018. The sat nav updated last year. All the maintenance seems spot on.
  • Huttopia
    United Kingdom 

Picked it up on Friday and have done about 300 miles since. It is a nice place to be. Kids preferred the stadium seating in the back of the D3 / D4, but otherwise no complaints. I like Apple Car Play, not had that before.

It drives well and feels much more like a car than the D4 or my old Range Rover. On a motorway run it returned 32 mpg, which I guess is where real world usage will be.

Overall a good start Very Happy
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Finger crossed 4U, but I hope it came with a good warranty. A few problems cropping up now it’s been out a while. Thumbs Up
  • Huttopia
    United Kingdom 

Well it has the approved used LR warranty and I think I’ll shop around for a replacement for that in 12 months time.
  • Huttopia
    United Kingdom 

I had some time today and put a sim into the car and set up the remote app. Not entirely sure of the benefits but enjoyed having a play and found it fairly straightforward to get working. I made the schoolboy error of starting the vehicle remotely without realising Mrs H had gone out and I was locked out of the house and hadn’t got a car key.....so couldn’t stop it. Happily she returned after a few minutes!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum