Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• yevhen
    Ukraine 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Fuji White

Blend door motor replacement problem

Hi everyone

Recently I figured out that air conditioning in my Discovery 5 is not working. Actually it does, but for everyone except the driver. After some diagnostics service people told me that there is a blend door motor that requires a replacement.

Unfortunately there were no spares, so there were only two options. Either to order a new one from a warehouse in Europe (three weeks delivery time) or to buy a used one. I decided to do the last one.

That was a wrong decision. Currently I'm on the second used actuator and it doesn't work.

There is another Discovery 5 in the shop and we took a motor from it to test the system. When it is being connected and the start button is being pressed the car starts the calibration process and the cogs of the motor are turning. The ones bought by me are not moving at all.

If you look at the picture you may see no visual difference. All the numbers are the same except the production date.

Am I just unlucky or I am missing something that needs to be done to make it move?

Thanks!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum