Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

Seat Cooling fans installed but not optioned

Title says it all, when I specced up our D5, I think that the cooled seats were part of a pack only so I didn't bother. When I got the car I say that the control knob displayed the option to cool the seats but nothing happened. Then today as I turned on the heated seats (don't ask) I heard a fan briefly run for 1/2 second, it did it every time I turned on the heated seats and I felt a slight puff of air through the seats. Intrigued I looked under the seat and found this !

Full seat climate cooling fan, not optioned but fitted and disabled, and according to ebay about £270 each ! So Landrover are happy to give me the hardware but charge £X to have it enabled, Tesla style. I know its easier for them to buy 1 type of seat from Lear and its probably costs them pennies extra, hoping we option it to get 100% profit on it.

I have seen other threads regard editing the CCF, I assume its a simple as enabling this function in the CCF, does anyone know where I could get this done or if a dealer would entertain it for less than the costs of the option !

MY20 HSE Lux Si4, Carpathian Grey, Light Oyster, Extended Leather, Dynamic Pack 1, Black Roof, Black Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, 22inch Wheels, Park Heat, 3rd Row Heated Seats
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

LR dealerships are prohibited from enabling anything other than the after market accessories they sell. The Activity key for instance.

As for getting an Indy with a Faultmate or similar to enable it, as far as I am aware, the software hasn’t been developed to do this sort of mod. Too much LR security to over come and not enough D5s to make it worthwhile to spend the time to overcome it.
  • Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Darras, maybe one day then, alternatively they may find a place on ebay, one previous owner never used!

MY20 HSE Lux Si4, Carpathian Grey, Light Oyster, Extended Leather, Dynamic Pack 1, Black Roof, Black Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, 22inch Wheels, Park Heat, 3rd Row Heated Seats
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Seems a shame, but I know where you’re coming from. I used to mod up D3 and D4’s I owned and it was simply pop along to an Indy, 5 minuets with an Autologic machine and £25 and it was done.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum