Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

If your after a contact at Duckworths, try emailing this guy, has been very helpful In past. Robin.Hall@duckworth.co.uk

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

I am wanting to do this too… however the front gutter covers are not available at the moment.

It is possible to cut the existing ones… which I’m fine with, but would be keen to know if the standard covers are in stock to have another crack at it if I mess up!

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

I think some people have successfully modded the existing ditch finishers.

When I did my rails, I wasn’t able to get the old one out without breaking every single fixing tab no matter what I tried…! Maybe I am just ham fisted but the clips seem to be designed as one way only….

What I can say is that my old Ditch finishers had the holes marked out quite clearly on the bottom and would be a relatively easy job to cut out.

Jon
  • Ianpettifer
    United Kingdom 

John C wrote:
    I am wanting to do this too… however the front gutter covers are not available at the moment.

It is possible to cut the existing ones… which I’m fine with, but would be keen to know if the standard covers are in stock to have another crack at it if I mess up!

I have got the same issue… Ducksworth are saying that they are getting stock on Wednesday next week.

I have ordered the rears and am going to line up the rails, mark the front finishers and cut the wholes in my own trim.
  • Aashiana
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

How much are Duckworth charging for the rails and finishers? I've called them a few times, but either can't get through or, when I do, their systems are down.
  • Ianpettifer
    United Kingdom 

Full kit is circa £485 with forum discount i think.

FYI they are back in stock now. Dog
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Yep- picked mine up today from them when our D3 was getting its 280K service from them Very Happy

• John C
    United Kingdom 

This was a great guide - thank you.

By far and above the longest job was cleaning up after the old glue/gunk!

Only issue I had was I wasn’t expecting the creak (plastic trim settling) when tightening up the bolts. Used a torque wrench but still almost s*** myself thinking I’d stripped the thread!

Only other thing that almost caught me out was the front and rear blanking plates are different.. that would have been a pain trying to remove one!

Thanks again!

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Anyone one got a set of ditch finishers off a D5 from fitting roof bars they don't want ?? With or without the holes.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Crap timing Russ. I only binned the ones I had from fitting my rails about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had hung onto them all the while I had the D5.

Sorry
    Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
    Anyone one got a set of ditch finishers off a D5 from fitting roof bars they don't want ?? With or without the holes.

I think I still have the ones I took off mine. Away at the moment so will have to check when I get back later in the week. Might be a few broken clips though…

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
    Crap timing Russ. I only binned the ones I had from fitting my rails about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I had hung onto them all the while I had the D5.

Sorry
    Al

Thanks Al as you say just bad timing

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

B50int wrote:
    Russell wrote:

I think I still have the ones I took off mine. Away at the moment so will have to check when I get back later in the week. Might be a few broken clips though…

Hi if you can check when back and we can go from there, thanks

• B50int
    United Kingdom 

Found them. They aren’t perfect as I suspected.

The larger pieces have both big clips broken and one is actually missing. They all need a clean and a polish as they have been on a shelf for 4 years but you are welcome to them.

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Thanks PM sent

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum