Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

When they came out to reseal mine I saw where there were big gaps in the sealant. Surely they can improve the process. Maybe even revert to applying it with an actual human instead of a robot.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Be interesting to see how the new Defender goes as its built on same line as Discovery at Nitra.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Bogblaster
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Update, the AA collected it yesterday morning and gave me a lift to the dealers so I could collect the loaner. P400E RRS. Spoke to the mechanic, it’s more common than I realised and there’s a waiting time for some parts. There was a 19 plate commercial there and it was so wet you could have had a pet goldfish in the footwell. Because there are ECUs under the seats they tend to get replaced as well, sounds like a right Censored muddle.

The mechanic also said that within reason LR are leaving it up to their discretion as to how much to replace, which says to me that they’re well aware of just how bad it could be. He said luckily for me as I was parked on a slope so it dripped straight down to where the gear selector is etc, as opposed to the screens and all the switches. I don’t think luck had anything to with it, it’s poor assembly settings.

So for the next 2 to 4 weeks I am left with the RRS, the acceleration novelty has already worn off, but I guess if I keep it charged I can at least save on fuel as my business is 6 miles each way....

MY19 HSE Lux
  • Bogblaster
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Double post

MY19 HSE Lux
  • Jarse
    Australia 

I got mine back a couple of days ago. I had the earth safety recall, the idler pulley and belt replaced, and the windscreen reseal.

So far, so good with the reseal. Poured rain in Sydney over the weekend, and I deliberately left the car out in the driveway. No leaks so far.

It was ironic that while LR were doing my windscreen, I was over at my nephew's pulling the windscreen out of his baby Landcruiser. Once I'd removed it I got a call from the dealer saying "we got your windscreen out but it broke, so we're putting a new one in". My response was "you should have paid me to do it. I just did my nephew's windscreen without breaking it, and its more difficult".

I just felt like rubbing a bit of salt in Laughing The last windscreen I pulled was about 1987 Mr. Green

Nine out of five pilots are lysdexic.
  • ukorca
    United Kingdom 

Another one to add to the list.

Been a very slight leak down the inside of the windscreen, drivers side. 67 plate HSE.

I tried tape over the joint of the windscreen, but it seems that the channel running from the side of the sunroof directs water to the very point the water seems to be coming in, so is running under the tape.

In to the dealer tomorrow (being charged for the priviledge of them investigating). I'm out of warranty, but will be pushing hard for JLR to pay for it.

Does anyone have a copy of the service bulletin they can share with me please?

Last edited by ukorca on 12th May 2021 12:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • ukorca
    United Kingdom 

I think I've found where the problem is!

A bit of soapy water on the outside and a blow from an air compressor on the inside gave me this picture.

[/img]
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

A Land Rover bubble maker? Whistle
  • Whippetman
    England 

Picked mine up today.
    Had been 2 weeks with dealer who fair play managed to get LR to pay 100% on my February 2017 HSE LUX.
    No loaner and it’s not covered on LR warranty
    Proper New LR screen fitted by “contractor “
    Advice re tape as temporary measure.
    I used gaffer tape and had to use Autoglym active insect remover and some G3 scratch remover to get the horrible residue off above the screen.
    Whilst waiting I’ve agreed a favourable px for a new high spec Xdrive Msport 5 series Touring due August.
    Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong between now and then!.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

2019 3sdv

My windscreen had to be replaced same deal copyholder filled up , lr kept my car for a week drying
  • ukorca
    United Kingdom 

Just to update - the dealer worked with LR to get a fully paid refit of the windscreen, including replacement of a few of the items that had signs of wetness or water damage.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum