Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chris_H
    England 
    2018 Discovery Td6 S Indus Silver

Headlight upgrade to LED?

Hi All. Bought my D5 just over a month ago (used 2018 reg), it's the basic S model but had a few upgrades when originally purchased. I didn't even think about the headlights until I drove in the dark for the first time and they're not LED. I was used to LED lights on my D4 and I'm now wondering could I change them for LED headlights without paying a fortune at an LR dealer? Would it be a case of buying a complete headlight unit and do a straight swap or would there be anything extra required?

It's not essential but I like the look of the LED running lights and I'd like the extra brightness of LED headlights for winter.

Thanks.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I'm guessing, but I would expect any change/upgrade to involve altering the CCF, which could be be done on the D3/ D4 with aftermarket software and hardware, The D5 operates on a totally different platform and would necessitate a visit to the stealer unless an indie with pathfinder can do it. IF it can be done.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Didn't know the D4's had LED headlights I thought they were Xenon or halogen

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) S Corris Grey

It is possible to replace Halogen with LED, wiring is different and requires a cross over harness making up.
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

Do you have info in this? I’d like to pursue it!
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

Update on this, looks like you’ll need a LIN bus connection back to the the BCM, and a CCF config change.
  • Douks
    United Kingdom 

I'm interested in upgrading the lights on my MY2017 S to LED. The dealer said not possible, but from here looks like it is. Please could someone post the detail?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum