Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mrfletcher
    United Kingdom 

D300 HSE commercial Ordered.

After owning a Disco 3 and a couple of Disco 4's i have ordered a Disco 5 HSE commercial in Byron Blue. Very Happy

I ordered it mid Feb and its been bumped a couple of times and seeing as the factory is closed now and they are concentrating on the most profitable units when in production we'll see what happens as to when it actually arrives. To be fair I'm easy on the situation as it is across the board in lots of industries and it is what it is. Very Happy
  • ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

welcome ! My wife really wanted the Byron blue and it's a lovely colour in the flesh. I was too boring and went for grey Rolling Eyes

Hope that your wait is not too long.

D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • mrfletcher
    United Kingdom 

Very Happy I'm yet to see a Disco 5 Byron Blue in the flesh but after only ever having Santori Black in the past I wanted something that would not look like it needed washing every 5 mins Very Happy

cheers Jason
  • ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

ha. I am with you on that. I had a black D4 and was desperate for a rest !

D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • mrfletcher
    United Kingdom 

Well its arrived, my wife collected it last Wednesday for me as i have an ongoing problem with my back at the moment. Had a bit of a glitch setting up the incontrol account, but have to say the dealer and Landrover customer services where very helpful and efficient at getting this sorted for me. Thumbs Up

Having not seen a one in the colour combo i had chosen when i placed the order i can say i am really happy with how the Byron Blue looks in the flesh Cool I have had it detailed and ceramic coated yesterday to give it some protection along with making my life a little easier in keeping it clean. Very Happy

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Looks great Mr Fletcher!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looking well nice. 👍
    I just wish LR would have more of a selection of colours on their palette, rather than the usual blacks, silvers, whites and greys.
    Love the Epsom Green I had years ago, but now sadly discontinued.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

To me it is a real head scratcher that you can’t buy a green Discovery. Surely it’s an essential colour to have in a vehicle that screams ‘country’. I like the Pangea Green that they have for the Defender, see lots of those.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Totally agree Equilibrium, as the Royals all seem to have several Green ones in their fleet.
    Maybe its an exclusive if you have blue blood Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Probably true! Someone on here had an Aintree Green that looked epic. Not sure how long that was on the options list for, but certainly wasn’t around from when i started looking around MY18.5.

• Whippetman
    England 

I understood Aintree Green was only 2017 choice in D5 HSE LUX.
    I Did have a FL2 in green but forgotten which year that was.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

mrfletcher wrote:
    Well its arrived, my wife collected it last Wednesday for me as i have an ongoing problem with my back at the moment. Had a bit of a glitch setting up the incontrol account, but have to say the dealer and Landrover customer services where very helpful and efficient at getting this sorted for me. Thumbs Up

Having not seen a one in the colour combo i had chosen when i placed the order i can say i am really happy with how the Byron Blue looks in the flesh Cool I have had it detailed and ceramic coated yesterday to give it some protection along with making my life a little easier in keeping it clean. Very Happy

Looks very nice I think that will be an easier colour to keep clean than the Dark blue I have ordered.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Liking the look of that a lot, very nice indeed.

Also concerned that Feb cars are just being delivered. My car ordered late June and so far haven't been told anything different from the mid November date I've got. However if Feb cars coming now and I've ordered 4 months roughly after then assuming they can keep the factory ticking over at a good pace I surely must be looking at a 2+ month delay.

Unless they bump my order a little because it's likely high margin from all the options I ticked based on what you say here. Nice in a way for me but I'm British, I like to queue in an orderly fashion. Of course it makes perfect business sense for LR if you cannot make as many cars as you want you make the highest margin ones and slow down on the rest.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Couldn’t agree more on the dark colours and silvers.I was lucky and nsndged to pick up a Lantrau Brinze cancelled order and am very pleased.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum