Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RDR
    United Kingdom 

MY23 on Configurator

Placed an order last week and now the new models on the configurator:

nothing major other than the obvious base price increase that I can see. R Dynamic now has black roof as standard and some naff badging on lower front bumper.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

It looks like very minimal changes, Unlike the Defender where they’ve removed the 2 base trim levels and the D200 engine. And I was about to order an S spec Defender - gutted!
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Some previous standard items on the HSE are now options, such as gesture tailgate, front fog lights and headlamp power wash. The HUD has been put back on the configurator. The same spec I have on order has now gone up by £3k. Shocked

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Each to their own, but I can think of nothing worse than a new Defender. Too utilitarian, too small. Naff spare wheel.

Found a dealer, quoting me a 6-9month wait for a new Disco. A few add ons to avoid, but otherwise he told me electric tow bar is back. HUD still sacrosanct.

Gave him a configurator code, never really paid much attention to price tbh. £60k + something. See what he comes back with.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

They are also saying wireless Apple/Car play. I think MY 21 was supposed to come with that.

• RDR
    United Kingdom 

I think headlamp power wash could be a glitch in the system. I had a play if you don’t select it still details it as standard equipment or it does for hse spec at least.

Heated washer jets are an option has that been the case on previous years recently?

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Heated washer jets were optional from MY21 onwards.

• BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

Darras wrote:
    Each to their own, but I can think of nothing worse than a new Defender. Too utilitarian, too small. Naff spare wheel.

Found a dealer, quoting me a 6-9month wait for a new Disco. A few add ons to avoid, but otherwise he told me electric tow bar is back. HUD still sacrosanct.

Gave him a configurator code, never really paid much attention to price tbh. £60k + something. See what he comes back with.

Ha ha only a Disco owner could call a Defender too small! Actually I do agree the two cars are quite different, unlike almost all car reviewers who seem to think the Defender makes the Disco redundant.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’m with Darras on that Very Happy

The thing with the Defender is it is as big outside as a Disco, but far smaller inside. I was surprised by that when I drove one. Packaging compromised by styling (Disco is the opposite).

I had read the usual journo stuff about who would by a Disco now the Defender existed, but on driving one the answer was obvious…anyone needing the practicality, exactly as it was before the Defender came along.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

I quite liked the old Defender in a strange, quirky way. Great project car. Wouldn’t drive one everyday.

The new one just doesn’t do anything for me. I’ve seen one with those pannier type things you can stick near the C pillar, yuck and think to myself the owners of such abominations must be on a tight budget. Laughing

I can’t see it surviving in its present form.
  • dgardel
    Italy 

BSE Disco wrote:
    Darras wrote:

Ha ha only a Disco owner could call a Defender too small! Actually I do agree the two cars are quite different, unlike almost all car reviewers who seem to think the Defender makes the Disco redundant.

NO!!!

the Disco makes the Defender redundan!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum