Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Girlofwight
    United Kingdom 

Tailgate will not power close

2018 MY

Tailgate will not close under power from fob, dash button, tailgate button or app.

Gives three beeps and refuses to move. It is not closing and reopening, which manual suggests if key not found.

Opens under power OK.

Car battery changed a couple of weeks ago, but tailgate was OK after that,

Its almost as if its seeing something in the way and not moving, but I can't see any optical sensors?

Any thoughts?
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

So how are you opening and closing it?

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Girlofwight
    United Kingdom 

It opens on power. I have to pull it down by hand.
  • tozserg
    Hungary 
    2019 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

I have the same issue

I have the same issue, also started after a battery replacement (which came after a LOW BATTERY warning and then a dead battery and dead LR5.

Does the tailgate have to be re-calibrated somehow, like the windows, after being without power due to battery change? Have you found a fix for this?

Thanks!
  • Girlofwight
    United Kingdom 

My fault turned out to be the lower tailgate ram and control unit.

£800 to fix, car in for nearly a week. 3 months out of warranty and LR “Customer service” not interested. Disappointing when it’s the fifth LR I’ve had from new.
  • tozserg
    Hungary 
    2019 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

Problem solved

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply!

For me I just fixed the problem (it seems to be working so far): I have read on the board that the lower tailgate opening button, when pressed continuously for over 20 seconds, turns the lower tailgate on and off.

This did the trick! I leaned on the button for 30+ seconds and when I let it go, low and behold the lower tailgate opened down (or maybe I had to press the button again without holding it down, after I held it in for 30+ seconds, I can't remember), and closed automatically when I closed the top tailgate. So it seems this solved the issue! (Maybe some luggage leaned on the button and pushed it in long enough to turn off the tailgate, or the battery replacement I had couple weeks ago caused this, not sure...)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum