Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The D5 is longer Ugly Rear Butt of the year?

I think the new full size Range Rover now takes the prize?

Click image to enlarge

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Whippetman
    England 

In the white it looks totally *hit 😂😂😂

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

At least in Black, the ass will be camoflaged, but where are the rear lights ??

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 22nd Oct 2021 10:18 am. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

I agree it looks utterly awful

But when Ford went from the cortina to the sierra that attracted a lot of adverse comment but eventually it became accepted and the cortina looked old fashoned

Maybe the same will happen here...
  • Craigp
    England 

Yes I remember when the Sierra first came out and said I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those . I had a Mk 4 cortina estate at the time. Guess what my next car was. Yep 2Litre Sierra. Great car no rust on sills wings or anywhere. A bit of a 1st for that time.
  • Whippetman
    England 

I remember the rear of the new D4 being compared with that of a Transit van.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I like it. Think it’s a very thoughtful evolution.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Piece of crap, but no doubt people devoid of taste will buy.
  • Flat Earther
    United Kingdom 

• MAPMA
    England 

I can't say I completely dislike it. That said, I don't think the D5 rear is ugly, nor do I care much how a car looks like tbh so I'm probably not the best person to comment on aesthetics Laughing
  • eelpout
    United States 

it sort of looks like it would go well with the front of a Rivian R1S, which I'm still unsure how I feel about.

but yes, maybe it'll get people to stop complaining about the offset rear of the D5, which... who the hell cares!!! Cool
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • MAPMA
    England 

eelpout wrote:
    but yes, maybe it'll get people to stop complaining about the offset rear of the D5, which... who the hell cares!!! Cool

Yeah, I never got that one, the Discovery has always had an off-set reg plate, even the Disco 3 and 4 without the extra tyre on the back. Why did this suddenly bocame a problem in 2017? Go figure Rolling Eyes
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Having now watched Dan Prosser’s video, I have to say that I really like this. Completely out of my price league, but it has everything I love about the Discovery plus so much more. All made to a really luxury standard.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

I've found the Disco may not look better but most of the comparable cars (with the exception of the XC90) look a lot worse now, so it's not the ugly duckling any more. Having been on the configurator for the new Range Rover - purely for fantasy purposes of course - I think it actually looks pretty good, even at the back. And you can even have a green one!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum