Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jones
    Wales 
    2017 Discovery Td6 SE Fuji White

Annoying squeak!

Have a 2017 td6 and have an annoying squeak from rear of vehicle at slow speeds/ country lanes. It’s only apparent when vehicle has warmed up. Rear discs and pads just fitted on rear , properly greased etc and the squeak persists! Has anyone had a similar issue , and if so how was it resolved ?
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Had a squeak in the rear forever, just given up trying to resolve it. Also had a squeak in the front, again unresolved. It’s a LR, you just live with it. Useless putting it into the dealers, they pull it apart and claim it’s wither a) fixed, b) can’t hear it.
  • Jones
    Wales 

Thanks for that. Owned many land rovers and this is the first with this issue. Will get to the bottom of it eventually and certainly won’t use main dealership !
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

A few on here with the same problem. Not sure anyone has ever been entirely satisfied with the outcome.

The main dealership cleaned and greased up the discs, but that didn’t do it. Said they couldn’t find anything else. I’ve had new disc and pads recently, didn’t make an ounce of difference. I’d swear it’s trim, but where ever I try to find it myself and resit plastics, low and behold it returns. It’s just at a certain speed, 60 ish I think. Road surface is immaterial. As I said, I’ve just given up.
  • Jones
    Wales 

Eureka!! Annoying squeak solved for those interested ! It was the spring ( which takes tension from spare wheel wire/cable Very Happy ) on the spare wheel which had gone a bit rusty. A good greasing and squeak no more !
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, that’s a new one on me. So basically get underneath it with a tin of grease.

Only thing is, I hate playing about with the spare as it’s an on your back job and mucky. I’ve give it a try that said. Thumbs Up
  • Jones
    Wales 

It’s a new one on me too, sounded mechanical ie brakes/discs, but it’s a home fix rather than a stealer visit ! Smile
  • Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

I suspect the problem you have is what I have had with mine. I took it to my local friendly independent garage, and he diagnosed it as a faulty exhaust baffle valve. This thing opens and closes inside the exhaust silencer box, it happens on mine at slow speeds as you come on and off the throttle.

Fortunately it is only very intermittent on mine, mostly it is fine. I understand this valve is not available on its own, and if it is really problematic it is a new silencer box you have to have. Expensive!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I have an annoying creak, which is left seatbelt buckle in middle row. can't seem to stop it (other than my not using that seat)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum