Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Already a company making revised lights for the new RR. That was quick. Car was only released a week ago. šŸ˜‚

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360Ā°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

The company is probably owned by LR and this is a cunning plan by them.

Make a butt ugly car, then offer what apparently looks like a 3rd party mod. Job done! Thumbs Up
  • dgardel
    Italy 

I LOVE IT!!!
  • dgardel
    Italy 

But I have the D5 and I love the D5 BUTT Mr. Green
  • MAPMA
    England 

Yes, I agree, I quite like the D5 design. Aesthetics - in cars or in anything else - will always be a subjective matter. It's pointless to argue over something purely subjective but apparently, that seems to be a way some people like to pass their time.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

The ugliness of the D5 butt is strongly influenced by the colour scheme. A single colour rear is noticeably more obvious than a two toneā€¦eg grey with glossy black trim.

One of the strangest design features that still grates with me is the domed bonnet and unnecessarily low windscreen bottom edge. Why do I have to see a dark cavern with wash jest staring at me? In all other LR models the bottom of the windscreen and and bonnet line meet to create a less distracting ā€˜infinityā€™ view.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Obviously some designs do jump out as awesome right off the bat but quite a few donā€™t do it in the pictures. They get huge amounts of negative comments and then you see over time people say ā€œSaw one in the flesh, actually doesnā€™t look too badā€ or similar. BMW with their new M3 / M4 and 4 series grill got that kind of treatment. Seen it in the flesh many times and I like it now.

Iā€™ll reserve opinion until I see it but a lot of the people who have seem to like it.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum