Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor

Has anyone had issues where the seat belt warning light stays on even though the front passenger seat is empty? I have had the sensor in the seat fail twice now, once under warranty where it was replaced in July 2020 and now again 15 months later.

Phoned the dealer this morning, predictably after 15 months they want me to pay, not just to have the part replaced, but they want £190 just to investigate what the problem is! Confused
  • Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

Hi
    Perhaps not the same issue, but just had a recall from JLR saying the sensor may not be fitted. going in next week.

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Anyone know where the sensor goes?

Had my car in a reputable independent repairer today who had procured a genuine replacement sensor but has spent two hours trying to find out where it goes to fix the problem. Obviously they had to go to a LR Dealer for the part and the local one told them they knew what the problem with my car was, as they had had other failures.

Clearly my independent cannot ask Dealer how to fit it, so does anyone else know? I cannot be they only one who has this issue based on the LR dealer's comment.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum