Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• FenAir
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

permenant disablment of stop start on D5

I am taking delivery of a 2018 3.0 HSE D5 Commercial Friday, after 3 years of excellent service from a 2015 D4 commercial, on the D4 you can remove the battery cable from the auxiliary battery to prevent the stop start function without having to press the override button every time you start the truck.
    The D5 apparently doesn't have a similar set up so does anyone here with actual knowledge of how to disable this annoying function permanently without switch activation?

I am lead to believe the D5 uses a capacitor set up to activate the starter, where is this and can it be disconnected or will this sling up a limp mode fault?

Has anyone done this mod?

TIA
    Pat
  • FenAir
    United Kingdom 

Stop start disable

Found out how to mobilise the annoying stop start on the d5 , pull the signal wires off the capacitor in the jack storage compartment right rear load area.

Pat Foster
    www.fenair.co.uk
  • ALD
    France 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Santorini Black

hello Which wire should be disconnected exactly ?
  • ALD
    France 

• dgardel
    Italy 

Have you error messages?
  • FenAir
    United Kingdom 

ALD wrote:

The one circled in red, its the thin wires with the black plug, lift the black plug out of its socket. Very Happy

Pat Foster
    www.fenair.co.uk
  • FenAir
    United Kingdom 

dgardel wrote:
    Have you error messages?

No fault lights displayed, obviously if you do a code read ther will be because its not functioning, when you start the A symbol illuminates red the goes out, when you stop in traffic the A symbol with a line through it apprears to say that start stop is not active the same as when you manually overide it.

Start stop is a joke, especially when you can use timed climate and remote climate and start your car in the morning or when ever to run the engine to get the cabin to temperature, yet the minute you stop moving it switches the engine off,

The more start and stops you do the faster you stretch the timing belt and cause fatigue to the belt.

Pat Foster
    www.fenair.co.uk
  • ALD
    France 

It works very well 😊
  • dgardel
    Italy 

FenAir wrote:
    dgardel wrote:
    Have you error messages?

No fault lights displayed, obviously if you do a code read ther will be because its not functioning, when you start the A symbol illuminates red the goes out, when you stop in traffic the A symbol with a line through it apprears to say that start stop is not active the same as when you manually overide it.

Start stop is a joke, especially when you can use timed climate and remote climate and start your car in the morning or when ever to run the engine to get the cabin to temperature, yet the minute you stop moving it switches the engine off,

The more start and stops you do the faster you stretch the timing belt and cause fatigue to the belt.

Thank you mate! Thumbs Up
  • HHCG1100
    Germany 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

... and, last not least, every time the engine shuts off my dashcam shuts off as well, and needs to reboot a few seconds later, with twice a bing bing sound. Whistle

Christian

D4 SDV6 SE / 2014-09 / Corinthian Grey / sold.
    D5 SD6 HSE / 2019-08 / Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, Ebony.
  • David426
    United States 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Yulong White

Tried this on my '17; the engine no longer stops. I don't get any indication on the display (no "A" with a line through it) the engine just doesn't stop anymore, as if the whole system is inactive. I hope I don't break anything; I haven't seen any issues so far, I really don't like the stop/start thing and it's a pain to remember to disable it every time I start up.
  • Ronbo
    United States 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Removing the plug works perfectly to stop the stop/start function.
    I’ve had no problems a year later.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum