Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Rubber mats with full drivers side coverage

Have found a company that are offering a full set of rubber mats with the drivers one being a full may.
    Am
    currently waiting for a price but here is a picture for info
    If the price is sensible would there be any interest it a potential group buy with a few of us going in together??

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Update
    3 piece front and row 2 £159
    4 Piece all rows £199
    These prices include delivery

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

What models will these fit Russell?

Am sure I can recall a recent post stating that newer models have a slightly different footwell?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

That’s a good point will ask

• Russell
    United Kingdom 

Up date

At the moment these are for the earlier models
    Trying to find out how much difference there is between MY20 and MY21 cars

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The difference for MY21 onwards is only slight - just a couple of mm.

I tried the new genuine LR mats which cover the entire driver's footwell in my old (MY19) car before I sold it and the fit was adequate but not perfect. Note the sight gap along the door side of the mat.

Click image to enlarge

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Craigp
    England 

"adequate but not perfect" Shocked I'm still running round with my mats from the D4 and have been since I got the car in 2017. Maybe get round to changing them one day. Laughing
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I cut up an old Vectra one to fit the row 3 seats. Looks fine for all the times you actually see it.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

I don't get why the size of this would change in a mid cycle refresh of a car. Seems a bit strange. I can imagine the chat at LR head office around this:

Disco Refresh Manager: "So what are you each bringing to the table for the model refresh?"

Exterior: "We are bringing new sweeping indicators and also moving the Disco badge on the back"

Disco Refresh Manager: "Not bad but you could have put a bit more effort in, infotainment?"

Infotainment: "We are bringing in the Pivi Pro system"

Everyone: "Oooo, that's a good one. Well done."

Disco Refresh Manager: "Footwell department, what do you have for us?"

Footwell Department: "We've managed to add a couple of mm to the footwell for unparalleled additional foot comfort."

Disco Refresh Manager: "Erm, really?"
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

The floor pan was re-tooled to accommodate the new transfer box and MHEV wiring and battery storage.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yeah I jest about it, you wouldn't change it unless you had a good reason to do so.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

So what has actually changed with regards to the floor, is it the trims around the outside, is it the floor pan itself, any ideas

RR have you a part number for the rubber ones as I have asked at two dealers and they say there isnt a long set available??

Thanks

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I would think the only reason to change it was to modify the transmission tunnel. Visually there doesn't appear to be any obvious changes.

The part number for the new design mats is vplrs0606 they for MY21 or later vehicles.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    The floor pan was re-tooled to accommodate the new transfer box and MHEV wiring and battery storage.

Can O ask where you got that info as have been told elsewhere it was not retooled

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum