Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Bit of a quick update. Had the Secure Tracker Pro go off today. Remote started car (Only second time I’ve tried this). Left it running got a bit then loaded in kids but wife wasn’t ready so waited say 10 minutes outside car. Apparently, as it was unlocked but then keys didn’t go inside it set off the theft alarm. Mental note, need to not unlock it but not get in with the keys in the future.

Still no Pivi Pro update and no Dashcam yet as it didn’t come in. I’ve ordered one off eBay (New from another dealer) and then my dealer should fit that for me.

Tried out the third row as parents are over, everyone fits in nicely. Had the kids in the back and one is 6 foot 1 like me but still just fine. If the middle row is all the way back his legs are slightly to the side but move that forwards just slightly and he’s enough room.

Massage seats are excellent, noticeably better than BMW’s. Enjoying that a lot.

Car takes a while to warm up, as do the seat heaters. That’s a bit of a negative and sure the diesel heater would have come in handy but is what it is. Guess future ones will be electric or PHEV and just use the battery instead for that so like ICE engines, diesel heaters won’t be long for the Land Rover world either.

Overall though very happy with the car. Getting used to driving up high vs lower down. It’s nice and makes it easier to want to drive nice and relaxing. A more sporty saloon is just begging to be driven a bit harder so nice to be taking a break from that.

Looks like I'll clock in around 600 miles on first tank, this is probably 50/50 on A roads vs slower roads. No motorways though yet.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Ran the car down to around 30 miles of range and did my first fill up. Got in 86.36 litres and the tank is 89 litres so probably if you hit zero it's not going to be giving a massive buffer. Also my most expensive fill up yet, fuel ain't cheap at the moment for sure.

Noticed Pivi Pro has now updated automatically in the background but only to a newer 2.x release. 3.0 still seems to not be pushed to my VIN so the rollout of that one seems reasonably slow.

Loving the car. It's a great all-rounder as a family car.
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

It is realy weird the way they are slowly drip-feeding the 3.0 update

Mine arrived a week or two after it was announced
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

In all the updates I’ve ever had from LR, I’ve not actually noticed anything different once updated.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

drwhopilot wrote:

Inclined to think that it’s a JLR employee sat at their desk pushing these out to each VIN individually. Not a high speed server cluster communicating at lightening speeds. 😀
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

drwhopilot wrote:

Its done for a reason, to allow them to get feedback and highlight issues they had not spotted. If they did it to every vehicle and there was a major fault it could see all the vehicles off road together.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Darras wrote:
    In all the updates I’ve ever had from LR, I’ve not actually noticed anything different once updated.

There are certainly changes out there and there are some which are hidden and may well be available once BETA testers have reported on them Whistle

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Working in IT I do understand the drip-feed approach on this. Guess I just have to wait until JLR get to my VIN. It's not a hugely amazing massive update even though they've jumped from 2.x to 3.x. I'm only keen so I can avoid having to run a cable to my phone even though I've got a wireless charging mat.

In other news it's off getting detailed and ceramic coated now. Should be getting it back tomorrow though no doubt it'll be dark but hoping the company doing it will take some photos anyway. I'll get some stuck up once it's done.

Also got my LR dash cam to arrive, hoping to get that fitted next week ready for my NC500 trip the week after. Looks like weather is going to be mild (Other than no doubt plenty of rain) which would be lucky if that's case. Just got to hold Covid doesn't get in the way of us going.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Mild? We’ve been down to minus 5 degrees in the last week. Think it was 1 degree today, so T shirt weather.

On the up side, we don’t have much snow lower down. On the downside, you can’t really see much. Just a grim, but typical December.. Most days it’s light by 8.30am, but sometimes dark by 2.30pm or a little later weather dependent.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

I’d take 1 to 5 degrees as a result for the Scottish Highlands, it’s not massively warmer down south. I think though the weather forecast if you can trust it this far ahead has it getting to lofty double digits. 14C on the day I go, might need to pack some sun cream and my shorts. Especially considering the storms that have hit the country recently it’s mild. If it’s just damp and cold that’s good normal weather Laughing

Yeah as much as my youngest is desperate to do this and I’ve been keen, it’s not a great time of the year but with him at Uni and my work commitments, it’s the only time we’ve found so far so taking it. Will have to do early starts for sure to make sure we have as much daylight as possible. Not expecting to go to attractions or such, hopefully get the odd day can get a few nice scenery photos and maybe fly my drone if it’s not too windy also.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Fair enough. Weather is all over the place. Still got a few camper vans kicking about. Watch out for Red Deer, when it gets a bit dark. They go on the road and lick the gritter salt.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum