Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

I'm off

It's been a pleasure hanging out on this forum but I'm moving on. As comfortable a car as it was to drive, there were a number of things about the design that I never really got on with. I've sold the TD6 SE after I worked out the best vehicle for my needs.

My gripes - tailgate when open, banged my head a few times on those nasty corners. Top of front door swings towards you when opening it, banged my head on that once or twice. Steering wheel is too thin for my liking, steering itself way too light. Boot not large enough, on long journeys there's always one dog sitting up instead of them all lying down. I fail to see the fuel savings of the stop-start feature and always. turn it off. Remote starting the car for 5 minutes to cool the interior down will cost way more in fuel than turning the engine off for 5 seconds at traffic lights. AdBlue - put a 2T caravan on the back and it drinks a fair bit of this. While the rear end design of the car didn't bother me that much, it's not great looking and the tiny break lights look silly on a car this size.

And I can fix all of those gripes in the same way you could fix MS Windows 8 when it came out, by re-installing Windows 7. The 'new' car is a 2016 MY16.5 Discovery TDV6. Happy days Thumbs Up

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Will the last person on the forum still with a D5, please turn the lights off. Smile
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter

I’ll hang onto mine atm, only because I’ve got better things to do with my time and money.

I also find the LR dealership experience off putting.

I don’t do walk arounds, test drives, chats or even credit. I don’t want a new best friend that sells cars and offers me a coffee when I am into a dealership. I just like to phone up, tell them what I want and pick it up. Is that too difficult? For some it is. Rolling Eyes
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I’ve been using a Discovery Sport courtesy car while my D5 spends another 10days (this makes 7 times this year) trying to finally sort out the infamous noise mentioned elsewhere on the forum.

The wife has threatened divorce if we have to drive anywhere in ‘that’ car for another week.
    (She wouldn’t even go anywhere in the Evoque they gave me last time)

Anyway, perhaps in the nick of time (hopefully not tempting fate) Inchcrap have just rung to say they have replaced the transfer box and claim the noise has gone.

[ Rolling Eyes hmmm…did I not say it was a ‘differential type of noise’ back in March? Before they replaced wheel bearings, other bearings, supercharger bits, and god knows what, that were merely resonating the noise rather than generating it!]

Collecting it tomorrow, we will see if they are correct and we glide along without that noise.

Won’t hold my breath though.

In fairness the extended warranty does go till next June …so there is still opportunity for them to rebuild the remainder of the car between now and then.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum