Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Edreidy
    United Kingdom 

My21 Animated directional indicators

Anyone else bought a MY 21 vehicle that’s supposed to have animated directional indicators but can’t work out how to activate them? Should be standard on rdynamic SE and HSE models. You would think pivipro menu for vehicle settings>exterior lights would have the option but I don’t. I can activate adaptive headlight matrix led’s but no setting for the animation on indicators. Checked build sheet and it’s definitely included. Dealer is also stumped.

Anyone know where the setting is? I’m wondering if LR need to update and enable some software .

Thanks

Ed

MY21 D300 R-Dynamic SE Carpathian Grey
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I've read on a D5 Facebook group that a software update is required. People were having to wait for the update to be made available but I believe it is available now and your dealer can apply it.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Edreidy
    United Kingdom 

Ah ok thanks for the advice I will speak to the dealer 👍
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

JonM wrote:
    I've read on a D5 Facebook group that a software update is required. People were having to wait for the update to be made available but I believe it is available now and your dealer can apply it.

Is this the Facebook Group you are referring to? If so I will join it-
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/258773074572251

Thank you,
    Roland
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

Yes, that's the one. Thumbs Up

• bammmy

Will this be available and compatible with all D5’s, I have a 2019 HSE and it’s something I would be interested in 👍
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

No, just MY21 onwards. The older D5's don't have the capability.

• bammmy

Cheers JonM, that’s a blow🥲
  • rd450
    United Kingdom 

Edreidy wrote:
    Ah ok thanks for the advice I will speak to the dealer 👍

Any update from your dealer ? I emailed mine about same issue but haven’t heard anything. Can the software update be done remotely ?
  • Edreidy
    United Kingdom 

They sorted it very quickly in the dealership. It appears there is a switch that needs to be set. I got the impression that it was a physical switch (not in cabin) and not something in the software.

Anyway all working now, they look great
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

For anybody that is still waiting for it to be done or is battling with their dealer to get it done, the missing MY21 'Animated Directional Indicators' has an official recall. It's campaign no' N585 on the dealer system.

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

Animated Indicators

Hello
    Can any post a video of their animated indicators? had a software update in Nov, that was supposed to make them animate.... but they just flash on and off as before.
    Do not to phone LR and make myself look a fool....
    I have a MY21 D300 R0Dynamic SE.

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Don’t want to rain on your parade, but really? So long as the indicators work, who cares what they do or don’t, in anycase you won’t see them. It’s a bit of flowery p*ss IMHO, but no doubt popular at the school gates.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’ve seen them working. On a 21 plate D5.

Notably, as Darras points out, this was on the school run!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I rather have a proper set of rear brake lights which fully illuminate the whole of the rear cluster, rather the Mickey Mouse ones which only illuminate an inch or so at the corners.

There was a post way back, when the D5 launched and the video clearly showed the whole of the cluster lighting up. Think the conclusion was that it was market specific.

My colleague nearly rear ended me a while back when he was following me home to pick up my bike trailer. He said that he never noticed the brake lights 🙄. Mind you he was in his TVR Tuscan which is very low.

With regards to the indicators, the amount of idiots that dont use them is mind boggling.(Sorry I don't have a crystal ball, so I don't know where your going, grrrrrrrr).

I have seen the animated ones on Audi's, and they are a distraction more than anything else. Were not that bright either. I prefer the old fashioned ones which we have now. Mind you each to their own I suppose. If you have payed for it, and not received it I can understand you wanting to have it .

A bit like Apple and Android carplay a few years ago. LR was charging I think circa £250 for the privalege. It was rolled out for free and the garage was adamant I had to pay, even though I told them it was on the D5 forum and on Facebook, and a bulletin on Topix.

I asked, don't you guys read your emails, or have a tool box talk in the morning, or a bulletin sheet of the latest changes? Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum