Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

P24C6 / P24C7 Code + Idiot Light

Well...,my Discovery is finally run in. 55,600+/- miles on the clock, and my Check Engine Light (amber) came on. It's now a proper Land Rover Very Happy

No limp mode, no other issues, runs fine - popped by my nearest auto parts store and borrowed an OBD-II reader and retrieved the two subject codes. They appear to correspond to a faulty DPF heater circuit.

Cleared them, and they came back within minutes, so it doesn't appear to be transitory. Have since done about 1,000 motorway miles including alpine mountain passes, it goes in Tuesday for a look at the dealer. They'll get it for a week as I'll be out of town.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I had the same fault indication a month or so ago and it was caused by a failed exhaust system sensor. No other indications or symptoms.
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

We had a similar issue on ours and it turned out to be faulty/corroded wiring on the ad blue injector - was a cheap fix for a change. Had the same error codes you have but the faults just said faulty Nox sensor from memory. The infomation below is from a Facebook group with someone who also had the issue and expalins how to check and fix. Might be worth checking yours.

"The adblue injector wires suffer corrosion as they are not protected sufficiently. If you get underneath - passenger side you see the injection system entering the exhaust system .

Simply check the wiring and it’s protective wrap ( which will be badly applied from build ) you will find the green and blue wire will have signs of significant wear..

Cut the two wires / stripped back to clean copper / rejoined / heat shrinked / insulation taped - reconnect."
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

B McP wrote:
    I had the same fault indication a month or so ago and it was caused by a failed exhaust system sensor. No other indications or symptoms.

Quick fix? No supply chain issues?
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Jemoss wrote:
    We had a similar issue on ours and it turned out to be faulty/corroded wiring on the ad blue injector - was a cheap fix for a change. Had the same error codes you have but the faults just said faulty Nox sensor from memory. The infomation below is from a Facebook group with someone who also had the issue and expalins how to check and fix. Might be worth checking yours.

"The adblue injector wires suffer corrosion as they are not protected sufficiently. If you get underneath - passenger side you see the injection system entering the exhaust system .

Simply check the wiring and it’s protective wrap ( which will be badly applied from build ) you will find the green and blue wire will have signs of significant wear..

Cut the two wires / stripped back to clean copper / rejoined / heat shrinked / insulation taped - reconnect."

Interesting - I saw this solution in another thread. The other day my AdBlue began to indicate low, but I put in 5L not too long ago and was surprised it alarmed low again so quickly. Maybe related - I'll check the wires. Everything is still under warranty here so I'll let the dealer handle it if they are a bit frayed....

Thanks!
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Turned out it was just a bad particulate matter sensor. $360 part which they had in stock. Unfortunately this wasn't covered under the US's mandated emissions system warranty, so LR extended warranty covered its replacement minus a $100 deductible. Was ready the next day.
  • Ronbo
    United States 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Glad you’re up and running.
    My 2017 Lux with 30k miles still doing well. Nothing besides an exhaust sensor malfunctioning.
    Likely keep it as off road and highway it can’t be beat.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

I'm at a hair under 60k miles from new...in my experience with "modern" diesels, these kinds of sensors are wear items, like O2 sensors and turbo gas engine PCVs.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum