Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Rear number plate

Looking for new rear plate with UK and flag for up and coming trip to France
    Anyone recommend a good supplier

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I got mine done by the dealer bodyshop when having some rear-end work done after a van hit me up the back. I asked if they could arrange for it to 'snap' when they took it off, and then replace with a UK flag one. They were most obliging!

Although they gave me an EU flagged variety, which I have never had on my car and never wanted! Had to point out they weren't permitted (this was March '22!), and could I please have a Union Jack version!!! It was swapped over 5 mins later!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

You can buy them as stickers (flee bay or Amazon), they come as a set, one yellow and one white background. Don’t forget one for your van too. We are currently in France (awful weather), the stickers were all still in place when I last looked 😂. You won’t need the awful oval UK sticker…..
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

I have several of the European ones from over the years wish is a shame as they may be used
    Dealer currently doesn’t do the larger one for the rear of the D5 so been looking on line
    Want a decent quality one but they range in price from £20 to over £70 just for the rear so was looking for recommendations as to who people have used.
    Thanks for the replies so far

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

If you have a UK-plate on the rear (which is where you'd put a UK sticker), is that enough?

I just have a plain white plate on the front, no UK or EU flag. But given you only need to display a sticker on the rear of a car, I figured you only needed to change one plate. Correct?!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Yes that is it understanding
    As long as you have one on the back it all good

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Excellent news then!

• adds58
    United Kingdom 

Anyone stuck one of these or similar on their rear plates?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09KNL...&psc=1

Travelling to Disneyland Paris shortly and just want something short term. We don't plan on driving abroad a lot and don't want to get one of those massive oval stickers.
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

Yes - see post above. They are still stuck on but the ones I bought are small relative to the rear plate size and don’t look good but neither does the offset number plate position, both of which I can’t see when I am driving 👍
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

Missed that. I was a bit worried about them looking silly (although you have a good point about not being able to see them), and also whether they would be acceptable in France. But if you've used them without issue sounds like a no brainer to me. Thanks.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum