Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavsta

mole wrote:
    One quick photo.More to follow when it is light.

Byron Blue is a classy colour. A nice change from the ubiquitous greys and black.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Lovely colour. How long did you have to wait for delivery?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

[quote="gavsta"]
    Soler wrote:
    As mine was due to be delivered at the start of October and has now been pushed back to late November I would say its anyones guess, Exclamation

All you can do is ask.

Oh, no. My car, too, was due early October. What was your quoted build date?[/quote

Build date was supposed to be 16th of September but pushed back to the 11 of November. They stated the meridian sound system being the issue but I have not been able to find out anything online related to this.

I would be interested if you can check the build date on your car and if there is any reason for a delay.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

It seams the Nitra Plant is currently closed for defender and Discovery production, this would possibly explain the delays. Sad

https://sasatimes.com/the-land-rover-defen...tion-line/
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That’s stunning, congratulations Moles

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

More pictures

Two more pictures
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

Reply to Soler

I ordered a Disco Sport in October 2021 but in January 2022 they changed the model year and I could not get the specification I wanted. Changed the order on January 26th to the Disco Metropolitan and collected on August 24th.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

Well you did well on getting it delivered so fast, I too ordered a metropolitan but back in December. So unless it’s something in the extras I added there is no sense how the ordering que works.

Additions I added are, towing pack, low range box and roof rails. The electric tow bar was on back order last year but should not have been a problem when I added it.
  • gavsta

Dealer allocation also plays a role. Some dealers have a longer order book, and some dealers will have more builds allocated. One would hope the two would correlate, yet that may be wishful thinking.

I've enquired about my 09/09 build slot, and so far there's been radio silence.
  • gavsta

Soler wrote:

Build date was supposed to be 16th of September but pushed back to the 11 of November. They stated the meridian sound system being the issue but I have not been able to find out anything online related to this.

I would be interested if you can check the build date on your car and if there is any reason for a delay.

Heard that my build slot has been postponed from next week, for three weeks, until the end of the month. Same reason - Meridian Surround Sound System. I got the impression, the dealer fully expected that new date to slip.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

2 weeks after checking the build date with the dealer and my build date has been pushed back a further 2 weeks. Just seams to be rolling week to week.
  • gavsta

Snap, mine put back another two weeks.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

gavsta wrote:
    Soler wrote:
    As mine was due to be delivered at the start of October and has now been pushed back to late November I would say its anyones guess, Exclamation

All you can do is ask.

Oh, no. My car, too, was due early October. What was your quoted build date?

From what I have heard no Discos are being built at the moment. All the electronics are being used in more premium motors 😂😂
    Some Ag machinery manufacturers are buying up pallets of new washing machines just to get the electronics out of them.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Don’t forget JLR commitment to go all electric in the not too distant future. That will be interesting to see how that pans out.

The world has gone nuts.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum