Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Demonic tailgate

Morning

Rear tailgate seems to want to squish me into the ground. Some days it behaves itself then others if just tries to close for no reason. Other days it goes half way down.

I’ve used different keys and it’s no difference.
    I’ve left the keys out my pockets and it’s no difference.
    I’ve stood away from the bumper in case it’s a wonky gesture sensor and it’s no difference.

I’m wondering if it’s a battery issue.

Anybody else had this and found a solution? Bow down
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

An appropriate emoji. I guess rather than bowing, it’s getting out of the tailgates way?
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 

Lol yes, I thought it very apt.

I’m just over 6 feet tall so if you are anywhere near the corner when it’s trying to attack you it can fair make you say some choice words. Mrs BBB thinks I should be a sailor with my potty mouth Rolling with laughter
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

my D5 started to do that prior to me selling it. it also used to open itself every now and then and close. I had a feeling it might have something to do with the gesture sensors getting dirty as my car was doing a lot of driving across muddy fields and a good clean used to sort it for a while. never got to the bottom of it as I traded it in
  • Whippetman
    England 

Mine did it quite frequently

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 

nigels888 wrote:
    my D5 started to do that prior to me selling it. it also used to open itself every now and then and close. I had a feeling it might have something to do with the gesture sensors getting dirty as my car was doing a lot of driving across muddy fields and a good clean used to sort it for a while. never got to the bottom of it as I traded it in

hmmm mine is used on the farm as well but it gets its bottom washed regularly.
    The fact mine does it when i don't have the keys on me rules that out - think it maybe doesn't like me anymore as I've been sniffing around a FFRR. Laughing
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

well I was only guessing as couldnt see any other reason Very Happy you lucky I wanted a ffrr but ended up with a RR sport as couldnt quite afford a FF with the right mileage
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 

Mrs BB would love a RRSport but they dont have the "fling stuff in the boot" capacity for me. A van would be better but then its not a D5 Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum