Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nicksaab
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Indus Silver

Low Screenwash warning

So before I go dismantling the wheel arch to access the screenwash can anyone confirm if they get a low screenwash warning?

I have the headlight washers on my 2018 HSE with LED lights, so I'm assuming that it should have a warning due to the UK MOT legislation but I've run out twice now recently and no warning.
    Had it on my 2016 L405 Range Rover and on all my other cars, so I assume it should be there and its a faulty sensor or broken wiring but a confirmation from somone would be really good as its not mentioned in the handbook.

Thanks in advance
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I get screen wash low warning on current MY2017 car.
  • Craigp
    England 

Mines the 2017 SE and I get a low fluid warning.
  • nicksaab
    United Kingdom 

Perfect - thanks both

I shall crawl under and sort it - appreciate it!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

You should also get it on the LR app as well.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • nicksaab
    United Kingdom 

All fixed - just installed a new sensor and that has resolved the problem. Now get low fluid level on dash and app.

The sensor is a float switch and the original was stuck in the full position.

I did notice though a hole in the main pipe to the windscreen washers around the lower inner front wing so spliced in some new pipe there as well which was a useful find!

Not a bad job to do in the end - need to remove the front wheel on the drivers side, the wheel arch liner on the bulkhead side and then you can see the tank, the sensor and all the pumps. There is just enough clearance to remove the sensor without having to remove the wing as the tank is right up against the wing.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum