Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MHP
    England 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

Popsdosh wrote:
    GreenLane wrote:
    Approved used, yes. Already told that the light won't be covered by warranty! But I think they will do it anyway.

The speaker is a tough one. Has anyone experienced a blown speaker?

If the light unit has water ingress thats a manufacturing issue and covered by warranty!

I've just brought a 2020 D5 and it has water in the light, its not failed yet but I imagine will and the dealer recon water in a light is normal Rolling Eyes
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Water in light is NOT normal!!

Regarding the boot door having moved, there is also a recall/technical bulletin about this. They have redesigned the hinge…
  • Whippetman
    England 

MHP wrote:
    Popsdosh wrote:
    GreenLane wrote:
    Approved used, yes. Already told that the light won't be covered by warranty! But I think they will do it anyway.

The speaker is a tough one. Has anyone experienced a blown speaker?

If the light unit has water ingress thats a manufacturing issue and covered by warranty!

I've just brought a 2020 D5 and it has water in the light, its not failed yet but I imagine will and the dealer recon water in a light is normal Rolling Eyes

Only a LR main dealership could come up with that one Whistle

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • GreenLane
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I've said it before ... but this time I mean it. This'll be my last LR. So so tired of juggling fixes and faults. I could do without it.
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

nebc100 wrote:
    Had it on my D5. They supposedly sorted it under warranty, but it is just as bad again.

Just spoke yesterday to a body shop that I know well, and they said it is a matter of loosening 2 bolts either side of the door opening, and moving the door up about 2 mm.

I may have a go this summer.

Be careful I bet it weighs a ton weight!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Aldo it is made of plastic so guess not as heavy as it could be

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

My MY22 rear light has water ingress in indicator section, half the indicator light is staying on all the time and the other bit that wraps around side flickers now & again! The list of defects is getting bigger by the day.
  • GreenLane
    United Kingdom 

Massive shame. Lovely to drive but... you can sense the cheap build quality. Wish I'd spent half the money on a used Jeep Grand Cherokee, or the like. Car is with supplying dealer to sort issues. I pity them.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

I don’t honestly agree with your comment about the Grand Cherokee. I know a number of people that have them and have been VERY disappointed with the quality. Paint quality. Plastic quality. Electrical gremlins. Rusting etc.

I understand that you are having an unreasonable number of issues at the moment, but I think that so long as the LR dealer that you bought the D5 from resolve the issues, you will have a better and more comfortable vehicle than the GC.

I will admit, however, that my confidence in LR dealers is non-existent!! I am honestly shocked by their incompetence and by their lack of interest in their clients!!

Note: this is my own personal opinion so please don’t kill me for it.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Try going from a Disco Sport to a D5, and then you can sense the cheaper quality of the Disco Sport. Alot noisier internally, cheaper plastics and a raspier engine. Have had a few as a courtesy car, and they are like chalk and cheese. Even the Mrs agreed, and she was glad to be back in her D5. Did not like the way the Disco Sport drove or handled.

I also had a FFRR and the D5 is on par with it in my opinion, quality wise. Alot quieter internally, with a smoother engine, along with a plusher interior.

With regards to the Grand Cherokee, I was in taking my Subaru for a service a few years ago. The dealer is also a franchised Jeep dealer. Was just having a nosey and there was a £60k Grand Cherokee in the show room. Nice looking black with chrome trim, very flash.

Anyway I asked the dealer and he said save yourself £30k and stick with the Subaru. Told me it's very nice to look at, but has a bad rep for quality wise. Looks nice with all the bling, but bits start to fall off and reliability issues are awful.

I have briefly had a Cherokee Sport, but it was useless, especially when towing as was only 2wd, with the Mickey Mouse lever to stick it into 4WD. Was glad to get rid of it and back in a new D3.

Just my opinion, but again the fan boys may disagree, along with all the armchair pundits stating LR are bad for breaking down. All these so called experts have never even owned a LR product I bet, so it's just pub rumours Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

MHP wrote:
    .. the dealer recon water in a light is normal Rolling Eyes

Go through his lot, tell him to ' fill up the lights that are not up to spec'

Laughing

I traded my D5 HSE Lux SD4 diesel and F-Type P300 at a RR P400e Autobiograpy,
    and some change as well..

Since then ( october 2021, the car is 2019), I had a never ending story of faults..

Last faults :
    - september 2022, rear seats and armrest frozen... .. waited until january '23 to get a replacement part..
    Not a chip inside, just the top flap of the ski-hatch. Actuator on the blink, and then nothing goes..
    So for 4 months couldn't fold the seats down, or risk not getting them up again..

Could make a nice pub-talk when some 99-gender person drops by,.. tell it that you sympathize with
    its problems as you couldn't get '..any of seven up..' lately.. Mr. Green

- since quite some time, probably last year winter, the High Voltage heater that heats the cooling fluid
    to heat the interior and the HV-battery to an operational temperature, is dead. I only came to know
    this when the dealer checked an other fault :

- an orange engine warning light. This was on since the actuator that controls VVT returned a fault code;

- one week later 'SOS not fully operational' .. .. on/off several times and days.. Finally while reversing my
    audio went dead and I suddenly heared a voice "SOS operator, what is your problem" , I replied :
    "..a dodgy Range Rover with random faults..". The operator : ".. don't worry, most calls are like
    this.. "
    .. and indeed, 15 secs later it called again.. Crying or Very sad

Worsed thing is, mechanic started "..I see you have a dashcam, you probably damaged the cables.."
    .. and I responded "Well ask your colleague at the branch that installed it 6 months ago after replacing my front windshield.." .. they try.. Evil or Very Mad

So don't worry about water in your light unit. I wish I could swap my problems for that one.. Mr. Green

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • GreenLane
    United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about all of that!
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Thanks ! So am I.. Wink

I remember the 'good-old-days' with my D3.. .. biggest fail were contacts in alternator that failed,
    after replacement all good-as-new.. I did 100.000 miles with it, only regular maintenance..

It still runs, under Luxembourg REG.. there roadtax is € 255 pa, here its € 3850,- for a EU 3 diesel..

D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

2B… lux road tax on a D3 is now approx 450€ not 259€

I now have a eu6 D5 and road tax on that is 250€ … I have just paid it!!
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

You lucky man.. Thumbs Up

But the guy driving my old D3 still only pays 14% of what I would have paid..

I drove about 5000km pa in the Netherlands, mostly up&down to Portugal..

New owner drives 70.000km pa in the Netherlands : his clients live here..

I could have emigrated to Luxembourg also.. Embarassed

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum